Principal Driver Jobs at the Ministry of Health
Responsibilities for the Driver Job
- Driving the assigned vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical, tyre pressure and brake, systems, etc.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work ticket(s) for vehicle(s) assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- Overseeing safety of the passengers and/or goods therein;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicles(s).
- Trained in defensive driving.
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
Job Requirements for the Driver Job
- Have Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or its equivalent
- Have at least three (5) years active driving experience;
- Have valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the officer is required to drive;
- Have adequate knowledge of the Highway Code;
- Have passed the Suitability Test for Drivers Grade II from the Ministry of Roads and Public Works;
- Have certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police;
- Have a First Aid certificate from St. Johns Ambulance or KHIBIT
- Have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a citizen of Kenya.
Principal Driver (Job Group J) –Kshs. (24,662 x 1,233 – 25,895 x 1,285 – 27,180 x
1,340 – 28,520 x 1,398 – 29,918)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application in hard copy so as to reach the address shown below (Clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 24th April, 2017 at 00pm.
Applications to include CVs with details of daytime contacts, notice period required to take up appointment,
names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all certificates/testimonials and copy of National Identification/Passport.
The Director, Human Resource Management and Development
First Floor, Afya House
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30016-00100