Program Assistants Job at the Ministry of Health
(Job Group N) – Four (4) posts
Salary: (48,190 x 2,400 – 50,590 x 2,550 – 53,140 x 2,700 – 55,840 x 3,000 – 58,840 x 3,150 – 61,990 x 3,300 – 65,290)
Transforming Health Systems for Universal Care Project (THS-UC) is a 5 year project [2016 – 2021] jointly implemented by the Ministry of Health and the Council of Governors.
The project aims to improve utilization and quality of Primary Health Care services with a focus on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) services in the country through improving access to and demand for and quality of PHC services; strengthening institutional capacity in selected key areas to improve utilization and quality of Primary Health Care services and provide cross-country and intergovernmental collaboration in the devolved Kenyan health system.
The Ministry of Health [MoH] jointly with the Council of Governors [CoG] is recruiting,experienced individuals with excellent organizational and technical skills, team players, dedicated, hardworking and have the ability to work in a high pressure environment to fill the following positions:
The Program Assistants will be based at the CoG offices and report to the Program Coordinator. Each will Program Assistant will manage a cluster of counties.
Program Assistants Job Description
- Provide support to County Health Annual work planning activities,
- Coordinate with Counties to ensure timely and complete data is provided and uploaded on the Health Information System
- Support counties to prepare quarterly technical and financial progress reports and ensure timely submission
- Support and facilitate cross-county peer review verification
- Support and facilitate the development of cross-county proposals
- Support sensitization of Counties on project Implementation
- Provide link between counties and Project Management Team.
- Provision of Technical Assistance(TA) to Counties on project implementation
Requirements for the Program Assistants Job
- Bachelor’s degree in health, economics, or development related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience working in the health sector at the implementation level.
- Hands on experience in Public Finance Management – planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring, and reporting
- Hands on experience in M&E especially Health Management Information
- Understanding of health in the context of devolution
- Must have high level of integrity as provided for in chapter 6 of the constitution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their application in hard copy so as to reach the address shown below (Clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 24th April, 2017 at 5.00pm.
Applications to include CVs with details of daytime contacts, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all certificates/testimonials and copy of National Identification/Passport.
The Director, Human Resource Management and Development
First Floor, Afya House
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 30016-00100