Program Coordinator Job at the Ministry of Health
Salary: (89,748 x 4,487 – 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,947 x 4,947 – 103,894 x 5,195 – 109,089 x 5,454 – 114,543 x 5,727 – 120,270)
Transforming Health Systems for Universal Care Project (THS-UC) is a 5 year project [2016 – 2021] jointly implemented by the Ministry of Health and the Council of Governors.
The project aims to improve utilization and quality of Primary Health Care services with a focus on Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) services in the country through improving access to and demand for and quality of PHC services; strengthening institutional capacity in selected key areas to improve utilization and quality of Primary Health Care services and provide cross-country and intergovernmental collaboration in the devolved Kenyan health system.
The Ministry of Health [MoH] jointly with the Council of Governors [CoG] is recruiting,experienced individuals with excellent organizational and technical skills, team players, dedicated, hardworking and have the ability to work in a high pressure environment to fill the following positions:
The Program Coordinator will be based at the CoG Offices to coordinate with the Program Assistant in supporting County Health Management Teams [CHMTs] for timely and effective implementation of the project. He/She will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Council of Governors.
Program Coordinator Job Description
- Support orientation and capacity building of County Health Management Teams on the project and its implementation.
- Facilitate, in collaboration with Heads of Planning, dissemination of Annual Work Plans and budgeting guidelines and tools for the project.
- Support Counties in formulation and consolidation of evidence-based and budgeted\ AWPs and timely submission of reports.
- Support establishment and capacity building of county peer verification teams for the project.
- In collaboration with M&E unit of the project, support coordination of annual peer verification among counties using established teams during life of the project.
- Ensure collaboration between the 4 Program Assistants and CHMTs in identifying areas for development of proposals for cross-county and intergovernmental collaboration and sharing the same with PMT
- Ensure timely submission of technical and financial reports from Counties and any other reports as may be required from time to time.
- Liaise with other stake holders in the implementation of the project
Requirements for the Program Coordinator Job
- Master’s degree in health, economics, or development related field from a recognized university.
- First Degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience working in the health or related sectors
- Hands on experience in PFM – planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring, and reporting
- Hands on experience in M&E especially Health Management Information Systems