Ministry of Health
National AIDs and STI Control Program (NASCOP) is a Unit under the Ministry of Health that works to strengthen and support prevention of HIV, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub-County health facilities.
This program is part of the Ministry of Health initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from Global Fund Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria through the National Treasury.
The Ministry plans to recruit a Program Officer on contact basis for Targeted COMBO interventions to support the acceleration of HIV activities in Turkana County.
The contract period is one year which is renewable yearly.
Location: Turkana County
Overall Job Summary: This officer will form part of the Targeted Interventions’ secretariat.
The Program Officers will be responsible for prevention of infections in high HIV risk groups and general population with planned targeted interventions (TIs).
Co-ordinate with various stakeholders the implementation of COMBO HIV targeted intervention initiatives in the County.
Coordinate, monitor and evaluate targeted intervention initiatives at the County and in liaison with NASCOP.
- Ensuring work plan and budget for targeted interventions are adhered to and implemented in a timely manner;
- Prepare reports to the GF TWG Combo prevention initiative on the progress of targeted interventions;
- At the County level the program officer will assist the Health Management team to collect targeted interventions data in the County, collate and analyse, then forward the same through CASCO to SIMU manager at NASCOP;
- Work with the focal person in coordination of all targeted intervention activities in the county;
- Ensure timely supply of commodities to the targeted intervention activities with the County Health Management teams;
- Prepare monthly quarterly and annual reports on the targeted interventions of HIV/AIDS activities at County level;
- Participate in surveillance activities on targeted interventions at the County level;
- Coordinate and participate in the County level monthly and quarterly meetings;
- Ensure timely reporting and regular reporting of all targeted intervention activities;
- Participate in supervisory visits with the CASCO to assist in data collection and verification;
- Work closely with the County Health Management Teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Clinical medicine, Nursing, Public health or any other related field;
- Experience in HIV and TB health care and research settings will be an added advantage.
Note: Fluency in English and Kiswahili both oral and written is a requirement for all the above positions.
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, photocopy of Certificates and ID, mobile number and 3 professional referees (current or previous supervisors with their telephone numbers and Email addresses) should be sent to the Principal secretary, Ministry of Health, Box 30016-00100 Nairobi, on or before 31st August, 2015.
Also send soft copies of your applications to NASCOP email address: [email protected] and for hand deliveries drop at Afya House 3rd floor room: 304.
Please write on the envelope: Job vacancy in the Ministry of health (NASCOP).
The advert with job description and requirements is also found in the Ministry of health website: www.health.go.ke and NASCOP website: www.nascop.or.ke
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dr. Khadijah Kassanchoon Principal Secretary, Ministry of Health