Artisan (General Fitter & Turner) Job at The Ministry of Transport
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs 10,380 – Kshs 11,370 pm – Job Group ‘D’
Qualifications for the General Fitter & Turner Artisan Job
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ (plus) or its
equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Artisan National Trade test certificate Grade III/ apprentice Certificate awarded by the
- Directorate of Industrial Training or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
NOTE: Serving Subordinate staff with KCSE mean grade D(plain) who gains three (3) years practical experience after obtaining National Trade Test Grade III may be considered for promotion to Artisan grade III.
Responsibilities for the General Fitter Artisan Job
- Manufacturing parts for repair and maintenance of commercial vehicles, construction
- Plants, body building that may involve interpretation of drawings, fitting, use of
- Manufacturing machines, bench work, and precision measuring tools.
- Cleaning of machines and the work place.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE PSC2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Public Service Commission’s websites: www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed PSC 2 (2016) application form can be sent to:-
The Cabinet Secretary Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development State Department of Infrastructure P.O. Box 30260-00100 Nairobi
hand delivered to the State Department of Infrastructure Human Resource Management registry, Transcom House, 5th Floor on or before 25th May, 2017.
(i) Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
(ii) Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
(iii)Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.