Lab Technician Job at The Ministry of Transport
Basic Salary: Kshs 16,692 – Kshs 21, 304 – Job Group ‘G’
Qualifications for the Lab Technician Job
- Certificate in any of the following fields, Laboratory Science, Laboratory Technology
- Certificate in Occupational/Proficiency Test Certificate Grade III/II/I in Civil
- Engineering for Geological Laboratories from a recognized institution.
Responsibilities for the Lab Technician Job
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the supervision and guidance of a more senior and experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level include:-
- Preparing geological and construction samples;
- Drying, crushing and preserving samples for testing and cleaning of work area and equipment
- Assisting in field and sampling investigation.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE PSC2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Public Service Commission’s websites: www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed PSC 2 (2016) application form can be sent to:-
The Cabinet Secretary Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development State Department of Infrastructure P.O. Box 30260-00100 Nairobi
hand delivered to the State Department of Infrastructure Human Resource Management registry, Transcom House, 5th Floor on or before 25th May, 2017.
(i) Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
(ii) Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
(iii)Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.