Cook Jobs at Ministry Of Transport
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 11, 370-Kshs, 13, 140Pm
This will be the entry Grade for the cooks cadre. An officer at this level will be on job training and will carry out duties under the supervision of a senior officer.
- Qualifications for the Cook Job
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a mean grade of D (Plain) or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; and
- Craft Certificate in food and beverage production, Sales and Service or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Attended a formal course lasting not less than two (2) months in food Production organized by the Kenya Utalii College or other recognized Institutions.
- Cook Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of raw foods for cooking;
- Cleanliness of equipment used in production;
- Maintaining hygiene by ensuring cleaning of the kitchen and its surroundings;
- Setting up and preparing equipment for use in food preparation and production; and
- Alerting the supervisor on any defective equipment as required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by completing ONE PSC2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the
Public Service Commission’s websites: www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed PSC 2 (2016) application form can be sent to:-
The Cabinet Secretary
Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development
State Department of Infrastructure
P.O. Box 30260-00100
hand delivered to the State Department of Infrastructure Human Resource Management registry, Transcom House, 5th Floor on or before 17th May, 2017.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.