MKU Biomedical Engineer Jobs
This position reports to the Chief Technologist and will be to oversee usage, maintenance, installation, calibration and repairs of all laboratory equipment & services in the university
Biomedical Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Carrying out routine planned preventive maintenance of the laboratory equipment for optimum use of equipment.
- Trouble shooting, diagnosing and correcting faults in laboratory equipment
- Creating and implementing preventive maintenance programs
- Establishing and maintaining a safe work environment
- Executing tasks according to university guides and procedures
- Conforming to all safety rules and regulations
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Biomedical Engineer Job
- Must be a holder of either Higher Diploma or Diploma in Medical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Electronics /Instrumentation) or related field from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Instrumentation will be an added advantage.
- Holders of Diploma in Medical Engineering Must be registered with AMEK( Association Of Medical Engineering Of Kenya)
- At least three years (3) hands on experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of a wide variety and modern laboratory equipment in a busy teaching or research laboratory.
- Ability to diagnose technical faults and carry out repairs
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Be self-motivated, pro – active and possess the right attitude
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address, a detailed curriculum vitae including three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization. NOTE:
- Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 12th September, 2017.
- Electronic application can be sent in PDF format by email to [email protected].
- Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to; The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Institutional Advancement, Mount Kenya University, Main Campus, Thika, General Kago Road, Thika, Kenya.