MKU Customer Service Officers Job
This position reports to the Customer Service Manager and will be responsible for responding to a variety of customer requests and inquiries via the telephone or in person over the counter. Providing and promoting a professional, high quality, front line customer focused service.
Customer Service Job Responsibilities
- Dealing with all customer inquiries in relation to the University’s services and resolving the same at first point of contact.
- Ensuring that all calls to the Campus are dealt with promptly, in line with the University’s standards and targets.
- Having full knowledge and ability to access all services to help meet the individual needs of our customers.
- Liaising with colleagues in relevant offices so as to resolve inquiries appropriately.
- Ensuring that customers are advised of alternative communication methods.
- Following current procedures when transferring a call to another member of staff for specialist advice.
- Taking ownership and responsibility for all inquiries presented to the Campus
- Dealing with all calls and enquiries received within the Campus in line with the University’s policies and procedures.
- Performing any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications for the Customer Service Job
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Management, Business Administration, Office Administration or a related degree qualification from a recognized institution;
- Have served in the position of Customer Care Officer for a minimum period of two (2) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and ability in planning and administration of Customer Care functions;
- Be proficient in the relevant computer applications;
- Have superior communication skills.
- A team player with experience in dealing with the public.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address, a detailed curriculum vitae including three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization. NOTE:
- Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 12th September, 2017.
- Electronic application can be sent in PDF format by email to [email protected].
- Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to; The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Institutional Advancement, Mount Kenya University, Main Campus, Thika, General Kago Road, Thika, Kenya.