MKU Principal Laboratory Technologist Job
The Principal Laboratory Technologist shall report to the Registrar, Academic Administration and will be responsible and accountable for all academic laboratories, ensuring that the relevant equipment are available, managing and supervision of relevant staff and participating in all strategic planning process in regards to the University’s Laboratories.
Laboratory Technologist Job Responsibilities
- Supervision of all laboratory staff and all the activities of the Laboratories.
- Duty allocations, discipline, training schedules, running of class demonstration, leave schedules.
- Requisition for additional laboratories, Equipment/Apparatus and modification/redesigning of Laboratories, in consultation with the chief laboratory technologists,
- Ensuring that laboratories and equipment are properly maintained.
- Preparation of Annual laboratory budgets in consultation with heads of departments, chief technologists and senior Technologists.
- Co-coordinating laboratory training programmes and workshops/ seminars and participating in international workshops/ seminars.
- Designing and supervising implementation of quality laboratory policies, strategies and procedures.
- Preparation and evaluating work plans.
- Supervising overall planning of laboratory programmes and the junior level technologists.
- Advising on upgrading of laboratory technologies, techniques, skills and protocols whenever required.
- Implementing Laboratory Safety and Quality Control.
- Co-coordinating the functioning of all university Laboratories.
- Evaluating procurement of laboratory supplies and ensures timely requisition and supply.
- Compiling the annual progress report of the laboratory department.
- Conducting applied and adaptive researches
- Maintaining and updating laboratory database
- Writing of scientific articles and reports
- Liaising with academic staff and technical staff or non-teaching staff to ensure smooth running of practicals, demonstration and research projects.
- Performing any other duty as assigned by the university management.
Qualifications for the Laboratory Technologist Job
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in the area of specialization.
- 3+ years of experience as a Deputy Principal Technologist, or a relevant position.
- Experience working in a University setting.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- A strategic thinker.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address, a detailed curriculum vitae including three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization. NOTE:
- Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 12th September, 2017.
- Electronic application can be sent in PDF format by email to [email protected].
- Terms of service are provided for as per Mount Kenya University scheme of service
- Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be addressed to; The Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Institutional Advancement, Mount Kenya University, Main Campus, Thika, General Kago Road, Thika, Kenya.