Chief Security Officer Careers At MMU In Kenya
Multimedia University of Kenya is a chartered public university located in the City of Nairobi within a serene environment about 25 kilometers to the south of the City along Magadi Road.
The University is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the following positions:
Deputy Chief Security Officer- Grade NT11, Ref: MMU/EA/05/03/2016
Qualifications For Chief Security Officer Jobs In Kenya
The applicants for the position MUST possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Criminology, Strategic Management (Security)or its equivalent from an institution recognized in Kenya.
- At least six (6) years relevant experience, three (3) if which as Security Officer Grade NT10 in a university or its equivalent.
- Be appropriately trained in either the National Youth Service or Kenya Defense Forces either in the rank of Inspector or lieutenant.
- Must be of high integrity and have ability to supervise staff.
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Must have Certificate of Discharge.
- Be at least thirty (30) years of age.
- Should be physically and mentally fit.
- Computer Literacy.
Chief Security Officer Job Responsibilities In Kenya
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer for the coordination and professional handling of security as here under:
- Carrying out investigations and security operations
- Liaising with local security agencies within the area.
- Provision of regular intelligence and security briefing.
- Ensuring safety of University properties, staff, students and visitors.
- Rapid response in handling security incidences within the University.
Terms and Conditions:
The above positions carry competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, transport allowance, leave allowance and medical cover.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials. They should provide clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Certificate of Good Conduct
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of which must be a recent/last employer. The referees should submit their confidential reports in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the specific reference number, to the address here below. MMU is an equal opportunity employer and thus, women, persons with disability and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications quoting the respective reference numbers on the envelop should reach the undersigned on or before 22nd April 2016. Vice Chancellor Multimedia University of Kenya P. O. Box 15653 – 00503 NAIROBI – KENYA e-mail address: [email protected]