Mechanic Careers At MMU In Kenya
Multimedia University of Kenya is a chartered public university located in the City of Nairobi within a serene environment about 25 kilometers to the south of the City along Magadi Road.
The University is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the following positions:
MECHANIC – Grade 6, Ref: MMU/EA/07/03/2016
Qualifications For Mechanic Jobs In Kenya
- KCSE level of education (D+) or its equivalent.
- Have Government Mechanic Trade Test I Certificate or Craft Part II.
- Have a valid driving license Class ABCE.
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from CID.
- Have at least 3 years experience as a Mechanic at Grade NT 5 level or its equivalent.
- Those with proven track record of motor vehicle repairs from recognized garages approved by AA have an added advantage.
- Computer Literacy
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering will be an added advantage.A course in Defensive driving is an added advantage.
Mechanic Job Responsibilities In Kenya
Reporting to the Transport Officer for the maintenance of the University Vehicles as here under:
- Routine checking of the vehicles
- Liaise with the drivers to inspect a vehicle before any journey
- Ensure the workshop is stocked with basic maintenance and repair spares
- Advise the Transport Officer on any technological and innovative methods of vehicle operations
- Ensure that the workshop meets the health, safety, and environmental standards
Terms and Conditions:
The above positions carry competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, transport allowance, leave allowance and medical cover.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials. They should provide clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Certificate of Good Conduct
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of which must be a recent/last employer. The referees should submit their confidential reports in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the specific reference number, to the address here below. MMU is an equal opportunity employer and thus, women, persons with disability and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications quoting the respective reference numbers on the envelop should reach the undersigned on or before 22nd April 2016. Vice Chancellor Multimedia University of Kenya P. O. Box 15653 – 00503 NAIROBI – KENYA e-mail address: [email protected]