Transport Officer Kenyan Job At MMU
Multimedia University of Kenya is a chartered public university located in the City of Nairobi within a serene environment about 25 kilometers to the south of the City along Magadi Road.
The University is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the following positions:
Transport Officer – Grade NT12, Ref: MMU/EA/04/03/2016
Qualifications For Transport Officer Jobs In Kenya
The applicants for the position MUST possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option) or Transport Management or equivalent from an institution recognized in Kenya.
- At least three (3) years relevant work experience as Transport Officer Grade NT10/11 or its equivalent.
- Computer Literacy
- A postgraduate degree in business administration or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in Fleet Management or its equivalent is an added advantage.
Transport Officer Jobs Responsibilities In Kenya
Reporting to the Registrar Administration for the management of transport as here under:
- Preparation and management of the budget transport budget.
- Determination of staff needs for the transport section.
- Evaluation of staff development needs by the staff in transport section.
- Scheduling of repair and maintenance of University vehicles.
- Supervision of the staff, vehicle movement and fuel usage to ensure efficiency of resource usage.
- Ensuring that the university vehicles are road worthy through regular inspection and insurance.
- Ensuring that the university is current in fleet management.
How to Apply
The above positions carry competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, transport allowance, leave allowance and medical cover. How To Apply Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials. They should provide clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Certificate of Good Conduct
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of which must be a recent/last employer. The referees should submit their confidential reports in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the specific reference number, to the address here below. MMU is an equal opportunity employer and thus, women, persons with disability and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications quoting the respective reference numbers on the envelop should reach the undersigned on or before 22nd April 2016. Vice Chancellor Multimedia University of Kenya P. O. Box 15653 – 00503 NAIROBI – KENYA e-mail address: [email protected]