Description: Designed, engineered and built in Kenya Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged and durable it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking an exceptional and experienced automotive professional to be responsible for the design, implementation operation of the Production process.
The role will require a close working relationship with the Technical, Production, and Supply Chain Teams.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, configure and optimise production processes from inception through to start up and certification.
- Analyse and plan workforce utilisation, space requirements and workflow and design layout of equipment for maximum efficiency.
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates.
- Work with Senior Systems and Quality Process Engineer to develop working instructions, workmanship standards and process documents, and ensure they are followed.
- Develop and implement Continuous Improvement projects for the existing operation to increase quality, productivity, efficiency and cost.
- Provide manufacturing data i.e. production control charts, reliability, process capability take times, to monitor and measure progress to target.
An ideal candidate should combine outstanding technical skills in engineering and process management with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
They should possess a strong skill set in defining and implementing process strategies and identifying continuous improvement opportunities.
These skills should be alongside with experience of working with suppliers, production line configurations and quality engineering processes – within the automotive industry.
- 3+ years related experience in engineering, mechanical engineering, production line operations – preferably with a major automotive company
- Exceptional leadership and clear sense of direction
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others
- Exceptional integrity and a strong sense of ethics
- Exceptional persistence and endurance to overcome significant challenges
- Excellent problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems and components
- Strong knowledge of fabrication based quality control methods, tools and techniques
- Strong engineering analysis skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High sense of drive and urgency in achieving our vision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
How to Apply
email your application to [email protected] Open until filled