Sales & Marketing Manager
Overview: Mobius Motors designs, manufactures, and sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market.
Our vehicles create a transport platform that empowers local entrepreneurs to run profitable transportation services to end-users in their communities.
We are seeking a long term commitment from an exceptional mid-career professional interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining sales & marketing strategies to meet agreed company objectives.
The candidate should expect to wear different hats in this senior role, contributing efforts to develop and grow profitable business operations in Kenya and beyond.
The role will require a close working relationship with the venture’s Commercial Director, Aftersales Manger, and other key staff.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- In charge of the overall sales and marketing operations and ensuring the achievement of the given sales targets within budget (End-to-End responsibility: O2D from order to delivery).
- Make sure that all aspects of communication (ATL, BTL, Digital, Social, PR, etc.) are considered under the brand guidelines and will strongly influence the marketing mix.
- Establish processes and structure in order to secure transparency and quality. Setting up structured reporting and systems to systematically improve the market penetration.
- Develop Sales and Marketing tactical campaigns and initiatives in order to achieve the set targets with the given budget.
- Collaborate with other stake holders on defining the overall sales & marketing strategy and the approach to launch new products and dealerships.
- Plan and establish a solid network of Mobius Sales and Service Centres in the relevant markets and ensure readiness and robust operations.
- Monitor the market, competition and all relevant data sources in order to get a full understanding of all parameters (Total market, segments, segment shares, pricing, features, transaction prices, financial offers, etc.).
- Manage the given tasks with limited resources and make sure that deadlines, quality feedback etc. will be given effectively and efficiently according to well managed priorities.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates top quality personnel through effective performance management, team leadership, coaching, and mentorship.
An ideal candidate should have a track record of academic and professional achievement and demonstrate a strong business acumen and passion for Mobius’s business.
He or she should combine expertise in sales, marketing, finance, and analytics with exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as on-the-ground pragmatism and patience necessary to manage ambiguities involved with an early-stage venture in a developing country.
Most of all, they should demonstrate integrity and accountability.
They should possess a strong skill set in creative and strategic thinking along with excellent perception, a wide latitude for independent actions (including independent judgement) and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and take initiative regularly.
They should be rigorous, pragmatic and on-the-ground solution focussed – not overly academic.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in business subject with 3.4 GPA or higher from a top university worldwide
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, marketing, management consulting, or other similar roles for top tier companies
- Exceptional leadership and clear sense of direction
- Exceptional attention to detail and high quality deliverable outputs
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, detail oriented, proactive, flexible, and resilient
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment
- The highest level of integrity and accountability
- A good sense of humour and an appreciation for different cultures
- Proven ability and experience in managing and leading high performance teams
- Proven ability to work as part of a senior management team to develop and implement company strategy
- Practical experience in the application of digital marketing and social media as part of integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience in managing budgets effectively, financial reporting, and setting up effective metrics and business processes
- Valid driver`s license
- Proficiency in Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Word
- Comfort with extensive travel throughout Kenya and longer term throughout East Africa
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) degree or Master degree in a technical subject from a top university worldwide
- 5-10 years’ experience in sales, marketing, management consulting, or other similar roles for top tier companies at senior management level
How to Apply
E-mail your application to [email protected]