Applications are invited for MOE Teaching Scholarships which are open for the students of Singapore. These scholarships are awarded for undergraduate studies tenable at both overseas and local universities.
The Ministry of Education is a ministry of the Government of Singapore that directs the formulation and implementation of policies related to education in Singapore.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Languages, Humanities, Art and Music, Physical Education and Sports, Social Sciences, Sciences and Mathematics.
- Sponsorship of tuition fees and other approved charges
- Maintenance and pre-studies allowance
- Return economy airfare (for overseas studies only)
- Developmental programmes during undergraduate studies (e.g. school attachment)
- Sponsorship for approved student exchange programmes, summer programmes and CCAs
- Sponsorship of Master’s degree (if requirements are met)
- Sponsorship of Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) teacher preparation programme at the National Institute of Education (NIE), after completion of first degree
Scholarship can be taken in Singapore or Abroad
- Singapore citizens, or Singapore Permanent Residents who take up Singapore citizenship before departure for studies
- Good character, strong leadership qualities and keen passion for education
- Excellent Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) records
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- GCE ‘A’ levels (with minimum 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
Nationality: Students from Singapore can apply for MOE Teaching Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have GCE ‘A’ levels (with minimum 10 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High Diploma or equivalent
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Students who are interested in a PSC or MOE Teaching Scholarship should submit their applications online via the PSC Gateway. The online application opens on 1st September and usually closes 10 days after the release of the ‘A’ Level results. For current undergraduates, the application opens on 1st September and closes on 30th Apr. The Student will need to check the PSC Gateway during the release of the GCE ‘A’ Level results for the exact application deadline.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30th April 2017.