ECD Teacher I Job at Mombasa County
JOB GROUP ‘K’
The Department of Education and Children is seeking for 6 (Six) suitably qualified candidates for the position of Sub-County Supervisors in Early Childhood Development (ECD) Centres in Mombasa County.
Duties for the ECD Teacher Job
- This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer. Other duties will entail:
- Ensuring implementation of ECD curricula for children and ECDE personnel in their respective sub-counties, through regular visits to the institutions.
- Document all ECD sub-county reports and disseminate the same to respective directorates for action.
- Ensure school safety and health standards are in compliance with the laid out government regulations.
- Liaise and network with other service providers in the sub-county dealing with ECD children to ensure delivery of quality services.
- Ensure equipment for children with special needs are well maintained in learning ECDE institutions.
- Coordinate all the sub- county ECD programmes and link with various directorates for effective service delivery.
- Creating awareness on the importance of early years and ECD programmes in sub-county.
- Ensure the sustainability of ECD programmes including child care facilities in the sub county.
- Carry out quarterly monitoring and evaluation of ECD and child care programmes and document and disseminate reports to the head offices.
- Collecting, collating and analyzing data on ECDE enrollment
- Prepare ECDE education projections
- Supervise the school feeding programme
- Preparing reports on requirements of ECD Education in terms of curriculum support materials, education facilities, quality assurance inspections, project inspections and co-curricular activities.
ECD Teacher I Job Qualifications
- Be a Kenyan citizen above 21 years old.
- Possess Bachelor of Education (ECD Option) or
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with a certificate/Diploma in ECDE
- Master’s in Education (ECD) is an added advantage.
- Experience with results- based institutions in ECD for not less than 5 years.
- Registered by Teachers Service Commission with a valid license to practice as a teacher.
- Uphold professionalism, high moral integrity and be of sound mind.
- Have good written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals.
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
How to Apply
All applications should reach the office of the Mombasa County Public Service Board (Betting Control Building, 1st Floor – Opposite Swahili Culture) on or before 5th April, 2017. Applicants should clearly indicate on the envelope and application letter the position applied for.
Applicants must attach copies of C. V’s, academic and professional certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ALL shortlisted candidates will be required to provide current clearance certificates from C.I.D., EACC, HELB and KRA. All applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 80076 – 80100,
The Mombasa County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.