ECDE Teacher II Jobs at Mombasa County
Job Group H
The Department of Education and Children is seeking for 94 suitably qualified candidates for the position of ECDE Teacher II in Early Childhood Development (ECD) Centres in Mombasa County.
Duties for the ECDE Teacher II Job
- Preparation of professional and administrative records.
- Promote the best interest of the child and the institution.
- Promote quality care; nutritional and health status of the children.
- Ensure only approved ECDE syllabus and quality education is applied in the ECDE centre.
- Implement a Centre-based feeding programme and ensure compliance of National safety and health standards.
- Ensure holistic development of the children’s knowledge, spiritually, socially and mentally.
- Preparing relevant teaching/ learning and play materials.
- Manage and ensure smooth transition from Home to ECDE, and ECDE to Primary.
- Monitor and ensure optimal growth, health and safety of the child.
- Compile achievement/ progress reports on the overall performance of the children in in KG I, KG 2 and KG 3.
- Sensitize parents and mobilize community stakeholders on their respective roles in ECDE programmes.
- Treat all the learners equally without any discrimination on ethnicity, sex, religion, colour, race or economic backgrounds.
- Ensure that the methodology used in ECD Centre shall be child-centred with emphasis on play, active participation, thematic, use of concrete manipulative materials, early stimulation, holistic learning and adapted for children with special needs.
ECDE Teacher II Job Qualifications
- Be a Kenyan citizen above 21 years old.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or proficiency certificate in ECDE
- Possess a KNEC Diploma for ECD 2-years training course or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Possess three (3) years’ experience in ECDE OR
- A certificate in ECDE with six years’ experience
- Registered by Teachers Service Commission with a valid license to practice as a teacher.
- Have good written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
All applications should reach the office of the Mombasa County Public Service Board (Betting Control Building, 1st Floor – Opposite Swahili Culture) on or before 5th April, 2017. Applicants should clearly indicate on the envelope and application letter the position applied for.
Applicants must attach copies of C. V’s, academic and professional certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ALL shortlisted candidates will be required to provide current clearance certificates from C.I.D., EACC, HELB and KRA. All applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 80076 – 80100,
The Mombasa County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.