Vacancy: Manager Business Operations
Our client, Mombasa Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited (MOWASCO) is the sole provider of water and sewerage services in Mombasa Municipality.
The company was incorporated in December 2003 under the companies Act Chapter 486 of the Laws of Kenya as a consequence of the Water Sector Reforms in the country.
The core mandate for MOWASCO under the Water Act 2002 is to protect, harness and develop potential of water resources to ensure availability of quality water to the residents of Mombasa County and to maintain the assets leased to the Company by Coast Water Services Board (CWSB).
To achieve its vision “To be a reputable provider of world class customer focused water and sewerage services” and to assist the Company in implementing the water sector reforms in Mombasa County, MOWASCO is seeking to recruit a strategic and futuristic leader who is performance driven and passionate about water reforms to fill the position of Manager Business Operations based in Mombasa.
Reference Number: 130-PEO00523
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure the billing cycle does not fall behind schedule by liaising with Business Unit Managers officers.
- Develop strategies on the appropriate revenue collection methods.
- Assist in the interfacing of both financial and commercial information to eliminate fraud.
- Enhance revenue base for the company.
- Ensure collection of old debts in consultation with finance department.
- Support the Business Unit Managers resolve operational staff and financial matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Business administration
- 8 years in performing similar duties 3 of which must be in management position.
- CPA II
- Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse team.
- Ability to work within set guidelines and provide solutions independently.
- Must exhibit excellent competencies in people management, problem solving skills and decision making.
- Good background in providing business operations support in an environment with busy operations.
- Must have excellent communication skills –oral and written.
- Have a track record of planning, obtaining results through people.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
For more details on the positions above and information on how to apply, visit our website www.pwc.com/ke/en/executive-search.html to search for the position and send your application to reach us by Friday 25 September 2015 at 5pm.
In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and present positions.
Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address and names and address of three referees.
Only applications received online will be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.