Vacancy: General Manager, Business and Customer Service
The Company: Our client, Mombasa Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited (MOWASCO) is the sole provider of water and sewerage services in Mombasa Municipality.
The company was incorporated in December 2003 under the companies Act Chapter 486 of the Laws of Kenya as a consequence of the Water Sector Reforms in the country.
The core mandate for MOWASCO under the Water Act 2002 is to protect, harness and develop potential of water resources to ensure availability of quality water to the residents of Mombasa County and to maintain the assets leased to the Company by Coast Water Services Board (CWSB).
To achieve its vision “To be a reputable provider of world class customer focused water and sewerage services” and to assist the Company in implementing the water sector reforms in Mombasa County, MOWASCO is seeking to recruit a strategic and futuristic leader who is performance driven and passionate about water reforms to fill the position of General Manager, Business and Customer Service based in Mombasa.
Reference Number: 130-PEO00525
Roles & Responsibilities
- The purpose of this position is to ensure that the strategy for service delivery and revenue generation is put in place and effectively implemented.
- S/he is responsible for providing overall effective leadership in the division and utilisation of staff.
- In addition s/he is accountable for business development and ensuring income streams in minor, major and kiosk segments are developed, maintained and that the revenue generated is collected.
- Furthermore s/he will be responsible of ensuring policies on opening and closing of accounts are fully complied with and providing high customer service standards and maintenance of accurate customer records.
- Ensure provision of timely and high quality client services that meets or exceed their expectations.
- Develop and implement systems for positive customer relations management.
- Manage and supervise commercial aspects of the Company’s operations, particularly as they relate to revenue generation.
- Promote new ideas and business solutions that result in extended service to the existing and new clients.
- Develop long-term business strategies and operating plans that reflect the longer-term goals and priorities.
- Ensure the provision of comprehensive commercial information systems, including up-to-date customer database, to achieve the overall Company revenue objectives.
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate reading and billing of services and subsequent collection.
- Carry out customer surveys and proposing improvements arising from feedback received.
- Develop departmental policies and procedures and actions plans in line with overall company mission and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, Commerce, Finance Economics or relevant Business Studies.
- 10 years’ experience with at least 3 years at senior management level.
- Experience working in an environment that is commercially driven.
- Demonstrate track record of developing and sustaining successful business strategies.
- Background managing a results oriented business department in a medium or large commercial organisation with a demonstrated success record.
- Demonstrate experience providing successful leadership to a large team and fostering team work.
- Must possess excellent communication and written skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and hands on experience developing and implementing effective customer. service policies, procedures, standards and improving customer satisfaction.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
For more details on the positions above and information on how to apply, visit our website www.pwc.com/ke/en/executive-search.html to search for the position and send your application to reach us by Friday 25 September 2015 at 5pm.
In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and present positions.
Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address and names and address of three referees.
Only applications received online will be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.