Vacancy: General Manager, Internal Audit
Our client, Mombasa Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited (MOWASCO) is the sole provider of water and sewerage services in Mombasa Municipality.
The company was incorporated in December 2003 under the companies Act Chapter 486 of the Laws of Kenya as a consequence of the Water Sector Reforms in the country.
The core mandate for MOWASCO under the Water Act 2002 is to protect, harness and develop potential of water resources to ensure availability of quality water to the residents of Mombasa County and to maintain the assets leased to the Company by Coast Water Services Board (CWSB).
To achieve its vision “To be a reputable provider of world class customer focused water and sewerage services” and to assist the Company in implementing the water sector reforms in Mombasa County, MOWASCO is seeking to recruit a strategic and futuristic leader who is performance driven and passionate about water reforms to fill the position of General Manager, Internal Audit based in Mombasa.
Reference Number: 130-PEO00522
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and provide professional leadership to sustain best practice in good governance, and fostering team work across the company.
- Prepare and implement of short term and long term audit plans.
- Conduct and report audit findings to the Board Audit Committee.
- Contribute to the strategic management of Financial Services.
- Conduct quarterly audits to assess adequacy of established internal controls and good governance practices, and providing solutions to mitigate any risks.
- Prepare reports for management, committees and Divisions/Departments.
- Responsible for ensuring that all external audit and regulatory audit recommendations are fully implemented.
- Support the Board and management to develop policies and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the company’s systems and processes are effective adhered to on a continuous basis.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting / Finance/Economics or other Business related degree.
- CPA (K) or ACCA and a full member ICPAK, or relevant recognized professional body.
- Certified Internal Audit certification with at least 5 years post qualification experience.
- At least 7 years’ experience, of which three (3) of which must be at a senior management level and four (4) in a top audit firm.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with other staff and to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Team leader with great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Complex decision making skills within time frame involving known and uncertain variables.
- Significant contributions in policy formulation having a long term impact on departments as a whole as well as relationship with external sources.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing record keeping systems.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit, particularly legislation changes and developments as they affect charities, and new auditing techniques and practices.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
For more details on the positions above and information on how to apply, visit our website www.pwc.com/ke/en/executive-search.html to search for the position and send your application to reach us by Friday 25 September 2015 at 5pm.
In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and present positions.
Include your day and evening telephone numbers, email address and names and address of three referees.
Only applications received online will be processed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification.