Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Organisation: Ministry of Local Government
Funding Source: International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Project Name: Project for Restoration of Livelihoods in the Northern Region (PRELNOR)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
The Government of the Republic of Uganda has received a loan and a grant from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) to finance the Project for Restoration of Livelihoods in the Northern Region (PRELNOR), and intends to apply some of the proceeds to recruit staff to implement the project. PRELNOR will cover the districts of Adjumani, Agago, Amuru, Gulu, Lamwo, Kitgum, Nwoya and Pader.
About PRELNOR Project:
The overall goal of the PRELNOR is: Increased income, food security and reduced vulnerability of poor rural households in the project area. This will be through increased sustainable production, productivity and climate resilience of smallholder farmers with increased and profitable access to domestic and export markets.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will support the MEL specialist in data and database management, and any other duties as assigned by the MELS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support in developing and take responsibility for operating the two databases of the project.
• Organise and manage the data collection framework for the project.
• Develop data collection formats for service providers, and compile inputs received on regular basis, including taking responsibility for quality, accuracy and timeliness of data.
• Undertake and provide technical support for analysis of project performance.
• Systematically compile lessons learned from project implementation into formats suitable for dissemination, as well as take lead in branding and production of project communications materials.
• Create and regularly update an e-library repository collecting knowledge and stories, and ensuring easy access for all staff.
• Support in annual data verification exercises in the field.
• Organize stakeholder workshops for feedback to and input from all stakeholders.
• Offer timely technical support to the team for developing an e-repository.
• Be an active team player of the “M&E, learning and impact team.”
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should preferably hold a first degree (Master’s degree is an added advantage) in statistical analysis, computer systems, or similar subject, and/or specific training in Moro MIS from a recognised University / Institution.
• A minimum of four years’ experience, including two years working with data management, Mean/or MIS in government/donor programmes or large institutions.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of community, agriculture and/or SME development processes.
• Familiarity with technical writing to audiences with different levels of technical understanding.
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of one or more local languages in the project area would be an asset.
• Computer-literate and well-versed in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and the Internet, and have demonstrated capability in MS Access.
• Prior experience working with digital data collection tools (such as smartphones) and geographic information systems for implementation mapping.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, transcripts and testimonials including names and addresses of three referees to: Ag. Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Local Government, Worker’s House, 3rd Floor, P.O. Box 7037 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 14th August, 2015