I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations that has contributed greatly to Sexual Reproductive Health efforts among the youth in Kenya today. The organization works closely with the government, universities, communities and has programs in over 234 institutions (tertiary institutions and high schools) across 23 Counties in Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behavior change communication messages. ICL’s vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties. ICL’s mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhance the quality of life for communities through Health initiatives, Economic empowerment, Education and improved Leadership governance and Institutional Strengthening (HEEL).
ICL is seeking to recruit an Assistant Project Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation who will be based in Bomet County reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Job purpose: To contribute towards effective management of the project design, monitoring of its implementation of the project plan and activities in order to ensure that they timely, cost effective and sustainable. Provide leadership and support for monitoring and evaluation, data collection and reporting of the project and ultimately for the organization.
Planning and Design
• Design the monitoring and evaluation tools and forms for the project
• Participate in project planning process including Project, Resource, Financial, Quality, Risk and Reporting plans.
• Participate in the development of the evaluation design, tools, protocols and procedures for the project
• Develop data collection & aggregation tools and procedures
• Oversee monitoring and evaluation data collection activities, including logistics of form distribution and collection
• Provide support in M&E database setup and management
• Generate data reports in compliance with Walter Reed procedures and agreements in the award
• Participate in the design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data
• Facilitate utilization of data for decision making and documentation of best practices/lessons learnt.
• Ensure effective communication between field M&E team, project staff and Head office
Evaluation and Reporting
• Spearhead and coordinate the development and timely submission of monthly reports for the donor, as well as other required reports by synthesizing the project activity reports from all the project activities.
• Monitor the PMP for the project and provide key information to management for planning/decision making
• In accordance with donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical reports
• Review and provide feedback to reports by affiliates
• Identify opportunities for operations research during implementation
• Prepare M&E reports in compliance with donor procedures and agreements.
• Ensure data quality through conducting annual DQA/RDQA and reporting.
• Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
• Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree in Health Social science, Statistics or related courses desired. M&E Training from a recognisd institution is an added advantage
• At least 2 years relevant experience in M&E related work experience in the health sector, experience with HIV/AIDS, or SRH preferred.
• Professional training in Project Management is an added advantage.
• Experience in working with multiple donors.
• Familiarity with principals and contemporary approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods.
• Demonstrated understand PEPFAR Expectations and trends for M&E.
• Ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audience through the job mentoring, supportive supervision and other methods.
• Familiarity with Key Population Programming.
• Excellent command of computers and statistical software, especially experience with MS Access and SPSS or STATA. Ability to manipulate large data sets.
• Ability to analyze and utilize program development gaps for designing project.
• Competence in qualitative and quantitative study design and implementation as demonstrated in the samples of previous work.
• Extensive experience with monitoring program implementation using qualitative and quantitative approaches.
• Experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing and analysis systems.
How to Apply
Application Details: Please send your CV and cover letter quoting your current and expected salary to [email protected] to reach us on or before Friday 8th April 2016.The subject line of your application should be ‘Assistant Project Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation -Bomet’ only. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. I Choose Life Africa is an equal opportunity employer.