Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya.
Its mission is to work with vigor and compassion through our networks and with communities to prevent and alleviate human suffering and save lives of the most vulnerable.
The Society is seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer – Disaster Management
Reporting : Main reporting line: head of Monitoring and Evaluation
Sub reporting line: Disaster Management (DM) Strengthening Manager
Job Location: KRCS Head Quarters Nairobi
Job Summary: Reporting technically to the Head of M&E, and programmatically supported by the DM Strengthening Manager, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for providing M&E technical and operational support to Emergency operations unit of KRCS.
He/She will operate within the M&E unit to support development and operationalization of the Disaster Management M&E, accountability and Learning Framework.
This will involve support for M&E tools development and review, M&E capacity strengthening of the staff and volunteers, Evaluations, Data management, quality reporting and documentation of responses.
The incumbent will closely monitor program performance and continually update the operations team on the same.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and review of the Disaster Management Strengthening program M&E frameworks and tools as required.
- Strengthen M&E capacity of the programme staff and volunteers on the use of M&E tools, data collection, data management, reporting and data utilization
- Ensure Quality and timely programmatic and financial reporting to the donors and other stakeholders based on required standards and through prescribed systems/platforms.
- Support preparation of periodic work plans, budgets and performance targets for the programme and track programme performance with regular feedback to the program teams.
- Coordinate reviews and evaluations of the programme and ensure proper documentation of innovative approaches, lessons learnt, success stories and good practices for dissemination
- Support the set up and implementation of a Beneficiary Communication and Accountability Mechanism within the program.
- Facilitate routine data quality checks, entry, analysis and presentation.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of e-system for archiving M&E related products.
- Assist in gathering, summarizing and disseminating relevant technical updates.
- Support Operations research component of the program
- In consultation with the Programme Finance Officer, provide timely financial M&E data to guide overall performance and management of the budget
- Represent the KRCS M&E unit at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to promote and articulate M&E issues related to this programme as well as humanitarian relief
- Bachelors Degree in humanitarian related studies, Public Health , development studies or related subject.
- At least three years of work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- M&E Experience in organizational system strengthening and /Disaster management programs.
- Experience/Knowledge in Red Cross movement reporting requirements for emergency operations
- Experience working with programs supported by multiple donors/partners
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent facilitation skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet
- Ability to undertake data analysis and interpret findings
(The above statements are intended to describe the general work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job as well as guides to priority performance areas. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, competencies etc required of the position.)
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and experience, should send their applications with a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience apply to this role, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of at least three (3) professional referees and expected Salary to the following address to be received on or before Friday, September 11, 2015.
Secretary General Kenya Red Cross Society P.O. Box 40712-00100, Nairobi