Sauti is a 5-year USAID-funded award being implemented by Jhpiego-Tanzania in collaboration with partners EngenderHealth, PACT and NIMR/Mwanza.
The goal of Sauti is to contribute to the improved health of all Tanzanians through a sustained reduction in new HIV infections in support of the Government Tanzania through deploying new, and/or enhancing existing, vulnerability-tailored high-quality combination HIV prevention; positive health, dignity and prevention (PHDP); and family planning (FP) services for key and vulnerable populations (KVP) in selected regions of Tanzania. Anticipated project results include: 1) Increased and timely use of HIV prevention and FP services; 2) Improved positive behaviors and social norms at the individual and community levels; 3) Reduced vulnerability of women through novel structural interventions; and 4) Increasingly sustainable comprehensive HIV prevention services for KVP.
The project is currently being implemented in 15 selected districts in Iringa, Njombe, Mbeya, Shinyanga and Dar es Salaam regions. Starting 1 October 2015, the project is expanding to selected additional districts in Mbeya, Lindi, Tabora, Morogoro, Morogoro, Kilimanjaro and Arusha regions.
Jhpiego is therefore seeking to recruit a team of experienced medical, public health, program, and finance professionals to implement this exciting initiative.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (1 position in Dar es Salaam)
Position Overview: The M&E officer will be responsible for the routine monitoring of all the activity programs in alignment with the Sauti M&E plan and the performance monitoring plan. S/he will work closely with the regional M&E Officers to operate efficient systems in Dar es Salaam, Lindi and Morogoro region. S/he will provide timely and relevant information to Senior M&E Advisor, program and technical staff, and other project stakeholders. S/he will contribute to strengthening the M&E capacity of sub-grantees. S/he will also participate in Sauti research activities and support consultants as required.
• University degree in demography, statistics, sociology, community development, and/or other relevant disciplines
• Post-graduate diploma in M&E desirable
• Strong computer skills; be able to run Pivot tables, SPSS
• 3- 5 years of work experience supporting M&E of activities in one or more of the following fields, HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, or family planning
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health and/or development projects
• Experience in monitoring and tracking performance indicators
• Experience of using database to track and record project indicators
• Experience in using qualitative and quantitative methodologies in supporting operational research
• Experience in writing monthly and quarterly data reports
• Demonstrated ability in project report writing and publications
• Ability to effectively communicate project monitoring performance indicators to partners
• Experience of working in USG funded programs in an added advantage
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a strong eye for detail.
• Effective training/facilitation skills
• Experience of working in a research environment or information-generating context.
Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated skills in working with sub-grantees to strengthen their M&E capacity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
• Ability to travel up to 40% of time
FOR ALL POSITIONS – Tanzanian nationals who have previous experience working with an international organization are preferred.
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title and region of reference on the envelop or subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to:
Senior Human Resource Manager
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road – Victoria
PO Box 9170
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR send the application through email at: HRTZ@jhpiego.net
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 9th November, 2015 at 5.00pm