Job Title: Monitoring and Results Manager
Organization: Palladium International
Project Name: Transforming the Economy through Climate Smart Agriculture (NU-TEC)
Funding Source: DFID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Palladium International develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars: International Development, Strategy Execution Consulting, Impact Investment and Training and Events.
About DFID NUTEC Project:
The DFID-funded Transforming the Economy through Climate Smart Agriculture (NU-TEC) aims to develop pro poor agricultural markets in Northern Uganda and promote inclusive growth. DFID has identified a set of market failures that are standing in the way of way of the effective functioning of the agricultural sector in Northern Uganda. These include input markets, land tenure issues, storage infrastructure; access to finance; rural transport and processing capacity. The programme intends to address these market failures by facilitating improvements in agricultural productivity and to encourage private sector investment in medium to large agribusiness through the application of a market systems development approach. The programme also places a strong focus on reforming the regulatory environment in Northern Uganda by promoting more effective regulation and application of quality grades and standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Results Director and Research Lead, the MRM Manager will be required to establish project-wide MRM systems;
• Building the capacity of the project technical staff in monitoring results and in capturing learning, working with them to develop detailed results chains for their interventions;
• Manage regular project reporting of results, particularly quarterly reports, annual reports and annual reviews;
• Technically support the development of concept notes, results chains and a results measurement framework by technical staff;
• Keenly analyse data sets in conjunction with Market and Intervention Managers to ensure that accurate & coherent results are collected across the project;
• Oversee other studies as directed by the Team Leader to address gender, poverty, social inclusion, climate smart agriculture, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate should hold a good Master’s degree or similar qualification in Business, Economics, Statistics or other relevant studies;
• Prior experience setting up RME systems for private sector development programmes (of at least USD 10 million);
• Past experience reviewing and writing reports;
• Previous experience in the development of surveys and data collection instruments for monitoring programmes;
• Previous data analysis experience using Microsoft Excel, SPSS or any other data analysis and statistical tools;
• Working knowledge of the institutions and organizations and/or businesses that provide services to the agricultural sector in Uganda and at the Regional level;
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) standard;
• Previous supervisory/ managerial responsibilities within a busy team.
• Possess the ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
• Excellent communications skills;
• A passion for the international development sector.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join one of the world’s leading development consultancy organisations, Palladium International, should Apply Online by visiting web link below.