- Company: Reputable Institution
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor Job At FHI360
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Specialist for a USAID-funded regional Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project in the Nairobi and Coast counties of Kenya. The project will work to improve the welfare and protection of children affected by HIV/AIDS by building the capacity of households to provide for children under their care and strengthening social services systems and structures at the county and community levels to improve care and support of OVC. The expected duration of the project is five years.
Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance in support of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities in the assigned unit; and in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research.
- Provide technical guidance by designing and developing M&E systems and procedures for funded programs.
- This includes establishing key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on key output, outcome and impact indicators for the program.
- Work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the existing M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements.
- Work on data analysis and use products and mechanisms to promote evidence-based programming, and timely feedback in relation to targets or identification and resolution of gaps.
- Work on assessments and other routine program monitoring and evaluation activities across the organization.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements.
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems.
- Provide technical guidance on design, development and implementation of the project M&E strategy, build capacity in country to develop, manage and operationalize M&E systems and plans that are aligned to program strategy, and permit quality reporting on a global level.
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions.
- Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Participate in national and donor M&E TWG or other forum when the opportunity arises.
Qualifications For Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor Job
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human
- Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- 5-8 Years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs.
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.
How to Apply