with malaria programs outside the PMI focus countries, in planning and implementing IRS programs with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria in Africa by enhancing USAID’s ability to implement IRS programs on the ground through cost-effective commodities procurement and logistics systems, access to technical expertise, and implementation of IRS in countries affected by malaria.
The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
Overall Purpose: To manage efficient data entry and data base support services to AIRS County project in co-ordination with the County Coordinator and AIRS Kenya project M&E Manager. S/He will ensure proper data entry and filing system for IRS and other epidemiological data collected in the field.
- Plan and organize daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly projections for data management needs.
- Verifying data and ensuring entries are correct daily.
- Ensure that data from the field captures defined variables.
- Coordinates with the County coordinator in ensuring that required data is timely uploaded to the database and sent to project country M&E Manager.
- Ensure timely reporting on IRS related coverage situations.
- Backing up the database-Daily.
- Vocational training specifically in IT related area possibly degree level
- 1 year experience desirable in data entry and supervision of data teams
- Additional professional training in date entry preferred.
- Willingness and flexibility to work long and unsociable hours
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Knowledge of USAID procurement policies and regulations a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amount of information.
- Ability to communicate clearly to diverse audiences.