Monitoring & Evaluation Associate Job at One Acre Fund
We are seeking a smart and dedicated self–starter to be an M&E Associate in Western Kenya. Overall, the M&E Associate will be responsible for using data to continually improve our operations, and impact on our customers.
Monitoring & Evaluation Associate Job Responsibilities
- Goal–oriented survey design, field-testing of survey instruments, and revision.
Supervise 3–5 M&E supervisors, 20–30 full–time M&E data collectors, 4 data entry staff, plus casuals. This will include the following duties:
- Regular mentorship of M&E managers through field visits, meetings, and career reviews.
- In–field supervision of key M&E activities, with an eye to “perfect” quality standard.
- Quality–control and supervision of data entry, with zero tolerance for data–entry errors.
- In–field follow–up on errors.
- Hire and develop M&E data collectors.
- Update hiring protocols, and use them to hire top–quality data collectors.
- Conduct regular trainings to improve skills of data collectors.
- Appropriately deal with under–performing staff.
- Innovation on new methods such as tablet–based data collection.
- Data analysis to draw both early and final conclusions and actionable recommendations.
Qualifications for the Monitoring & Evaluation Associate Job
- We are seeking exceptional professionals with 1 to 5+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long–term passion for international development.
- We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of impact and scale. This is a competitive posting for a career-track role with minimum initial commitment of two years. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Peace Corps accomplishments).
- Prior field–based M&E experience is required.
- More importantly, we are seeking someone with proven entrepreneurial and leadership experience – the vast majority of the job is to monitor and improve M&E operations in the field.
- Statistical knowledge is nice to have, but we also have experts who can help with that side of things.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Top–performing undergraduate record (please include GPA and test scores on your resume). Master’s degree is not required.
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likable team. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- A willingness to commit to living in East Africa for at least two years – this is a long–term, career–track role.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language – French and English required for Rwanda; English for Kenya
How to Apply