Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator (ECCD) Job at Plan International, Kenya
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission?
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
- The purpose of this role is to ensure M&E data is constantly used to report on the project performance including designs and improvements as maybe necessary.
- The M&E Officer will also be responsible for ensuring adherence to Plan Kenya’s ECCD project M&E Framework.
- The position holder will support quality and effective program design by ensuring that project implementation incorporates key monitoring information and learning.
- The position holder will drive learning, innovation and program accountability and will work together with the ECCD Project Manager to ensure quality and timely reporting in line with the grant requirements.
- The focus of the role will be on data collection, analysis, documentation of effects and outcomes, compiles the most significant stories of change that could be used to shape ECCD programming and cross learning within Plan and beyond.
- The incumbent will ensure gender responsive analysis is appropriately addressed in data collection, analysis and reporting.
Dimensions of the Role:
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Project Manager – ECCD with a dotted reporting line to the Country M&E Manager.
- The position holder will have responsibilities for program quality and M&E, capacity building on M&E and learning & sharing ECCD project outcomes and key learning.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the conduct and organization of all baselines and evaluations as may be occasioned in the project implementation cycle.
Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator Job Responsibilities
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
Program Quality and M&E:
- Provide guidance and support in the development of ECCD monitoring tools and M&E Framework, including capturing gender sensitive beneficiary feedback.
- Create an M&E work plan to ensure the M&E Framework is adhered to and all necessary data is captured accordingly and utilized.
- Ensure that the necessary data is collected on time using participatory approaches.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data and reflect on the projects process, ensuring that your recommendations are shared with all the relevant staffs for action/follow-up
- Partake in performing continuous project evaluations/assessments, including gender considerations, guided by the Plan Kenya House gender framework.
- Train local partners (and staff where appropriate) on the M&E framework, data management, results-oriented programming that incorporates gender considerations.
- Ensure quality and reliability of data collected by the project through data quality controls and spot-checks to project sites.
Capacity Building on M&E:
- Assess the capacity of ECCD project implementation structures and build their capacity as necessary.
- Build the capacity of Plan Kenya’s ECCD project staff on M&E.
- Apply a holistic approach that provides a broad perspective on M&E.
- Engage and empower the staff on outcome mapping
Key Working Relationships:
- Internally: The position will work closely with the ECCD Project Manager, the Country M&E manager and other Project staff
- Externally: The position is expected to coordinate with the project partners, local government officials and structures as appropriate, and community level groups.
Education Qualifications and Experience for Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Rural Development or any other related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation
- Working knowledge of word processing spreadsheets, data entry and analysis
- Knowledge of database management
- Sound experience in participatory research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience of building the capacity of others around M&E
- Commitment to international development and children’s rights
Skills Specific to the Post:
- Previous proven knowledge on development of database
- Proven experience on working with SPSS and STATA
- Knowledge of at least one data entry application
- Demonstrated professional maturity and able to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills for team working
- Knowledge of mixed methodologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Ability to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Previous proven evidence of production of quality reports
Competencies and Values:
- Supportive and versatile
- Ability to drive innovation and learning
- Results oriented and focused
- Respectful and a person with integrity
- Effective communication skill
How to Apply
Click here to apply