Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst Job At PATH, Kenya
PATH is an international organization that drives trans formative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children.
PATH is seeking to recruit a Senior M&E Data Analyst who will work directly with the PATH projects and implementing partners. The role will focus on setting up and implementing a country level data management system that draws process, output and outcome data from projects, analyze and disseminate. Initially, the position will support the APHIAPlus data analysis and documentation activity and will work very closely with the APHIAPlus M&E team based in Western Kenya. The Senior M&E Data Analyst And also work with DREAMS project to set up a data management system. The Senior M&E Data Analyst will be based in either Kisumu or Nairobi.
Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support development and implementation of project M&E plans, ensuring that the data collection, collation and analysis are clearly spelt out and understood by all stakeholders.
- Where not provided, assist with setting up realistic and scientifically informed targets.
- Lead the data collection, entry and analysis of initiatives such as surveys, evaluations and other studies conducted by projects.
- Ensure data quality using existing tools and provide technical guidance at all levels including project, facility and community.
Data systems and requirements:
- Develop a Kenya Country Data Management System that draws selected data from project databases; complete with SOPs and guidelines; collate and merge data from different data sources.
- Set up a repository of all data generated from projects in a format that is easily accessible.
- In collaboration with M&E teams, support development of project specific data management systems starting with DREAMS project followed by others as need arises.
- Review current data processing procedures to identify areas for improvement.
- Where necessary, audit data needs for different projects to come up with requirements per project area.
- Provide TA to build the capacity of project staff in database design and data management system.
Data analysis, dissemination/use:
- Work with project teams to create data analysis plans including writing or editing SOPs and guidelines for data analysis.
- Actively participate in the current APHIAPlus project data analytics and documentation activities.
- Perform monthly and quarterly data analyses and develop data visualization dashboards to enable teams and stakeholders to explore, understand and use project data.
- Assist all relevant stakeholders to make use of data to aid informed decision-making by availing datasets and analyses.
- Contribute to development of in-depth analysis of Kenya Country Program project data for publications, advocacy, proposal writing and presentation to various audiences as need arises.
- Participate in data review meetings at various levels, including project level.
- Provide TA to build the capacity of project staff in data analysis, interpretation, use, reporting, and dissemination.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the performance leader.
Qualifications For Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst
- Proficiency in a range of qualitative and quantitative analytic methods.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, research and data management of public health programs.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance on the use of data for planning and decision making.
- Effective and efficient time management skills.
- Excellent understanding of database design (Access, SQL)
- Experience with data visualization software preferred (e.g. Tableau)
- Advanced level experience with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, Stata, EpiInfo).
- Experience with Qualitative Data Analysis software (e.g. NVIVO, Atlas.ti) desired.
- Strong critical analysis skills and excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Access).
- Experience with DHIS2, EMR, and the National HMIS system including knowledge of MOH data collection tools is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and interpretation of key indicators in HIV/AIDS, reproduction health, family planning, child health and nutrition is essential.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Bio-statistics, Social/Behavioral Sciences, Information Systems or other related field, 8-10 years’ work experience with international development programs in HIV/AIDS,
- Reproductive Health, Child Survival, Nutrition, and Family Planning. Five (5) years or more experience in:
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Project/ Program level activities, data management and analysis.
- You must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
How to Apply