Monitoring & Evaluation Fellow Job At ZanaAfrica
ZanaAfrica is a social enterprise headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya that provides dignity and inspiration for women and girls to live their purpose through sanitary pads and related products.
The M+E Fellow will play a key role in informing the design ZanaAfrica’s products and programs during an exciting phase of organizational growth, interacting with and supporting teams across ZanaAfrica’s organization in the interest of accurately reflecting and answering girls’ and women’s menstrual and reproductive health needs through our systems approach. This role is a terrific opportunity for a recent Masters graduate who is looking to apply his or her data analytics skills and passion for girls’ and women’s reproductive rights to good use.
Monitoring & Evaluation Fellow Job Responsibilities
- Oversee the data entry of multiple survey activities to ensure utmost quality
- Collaborate with M+E Officer in coding surveys into SPSS, and potentially qualitative analysis softwares, as necessary.
- Train data entry analysts to enter data to utmost quality.
- Collaborate with M+E Officer in quantitative data analysis.
- Support the compilation of reports and papers as necessary.
- Support field research activities in collaboration with Field Research Assistant for ongoing product development activities (namely, the development of sanitary pad and health educational products)
- Collaborate with M+E team in the development of research instruments for a given activity.
- Attend field research visits and ensure they are implemented to a high quality.
- Compile field research findings in collaboration with M+E team and present to product teams to inform decision-making; make recommendations for product design elements or next steps as necessary.
- Support the implementation of Program monitoring + evaluation strategies
- Develop or refine tools and protocols to streamline data collection by Program
- Support teams in the analysis of data as needed.
- Make data-driven recommendations for program design iteration or growth.
Qualifications For Monitoring & Evaluation Fellow Job
- Masters degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Behavioral Economics, Sociology, or Psychology, or related field.
- 2-3 years experience managing the entry and analysis of data into SPSS. Advanced quantitative data analysis skills in SPSS is a must.
- Previous experience working with qualitative data analysis software (such asATLAS.ti) is a plus.
- Previous experience conducting and/or analyzing sexual and reproductive health
- research and data, respectively, is preferred (particularly in East or Sub-SaharanAfrica).
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a given time while maintaining a positiveattitude and utmost organization and attention to detail.
- Cultural sensitivity and empathy are a must. Previous experience working in a cross- cultural environment is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Fluency in Kiswahili and Sheng is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for the realization of women and girls’ menstrual and reproductive rights.
This 6-month fellowship includes a living stipend that will be provided by ZanaAfrica, in addition to phone credit provision. Based on performance and resource availability, this position has the potential to turn into a full-time role.
How to Apply