Associate Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job at FHI360
Job ID 17319
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. Kenyan nationals and candidates currently based in the region are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
Monitoring & Evaluation Job Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- The Associate Monitoring and Evaluation Officer assists in the coordination of data management activities of the LINKAGES program, focusing specifically on strengthening the data management system, collection and reporting.
- S/He will support the development and management of the Database for managing the program data, trouble shooting and modification to meet the project M&E requirements.
- The position contributes to the implementation of M&E activities in accordance with guidelines stipulated by USAID and GOK and regularly updates project staff on progress towards implementation of the work plan, and designing M&E methods for demonstrating program outcomes and impact.
- Develop and implement an EMR system for collection and reporting of program data by the LINKAGES implementing partners.
- Provide technical support in database development and management to meet data requirements of the project.
- Under M&E Advisor’s guidance conduct M&E needs assessments and assist partners to develop/improve and implement M&E plans through mentorship
- Ensure that implementing partners understand USAID/GOK reporting requirements including use of tools, indicator definitions and reporting through continuous job training/mentorship,
- Continuously identify data tools requirements and provide logistical support to ensure constant availability of approved standardized tools to facilities and partners in assigned districts.
- Ensure implementing partners have a functional system for data collection, management, analysis and synthesis of monitoring data in line with GOK/USAID requirements
- Coordinate collection of program activity data to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness within assigned districts
- Building capacity of partners in data management including basic analysis and use of data for program improvement,
- Perform analysis of data and information collected from the field monthly and quarterly to examine trends and identify gaps and well as strengthens in the clinical cascade of care with site program officers. Conduct regular reviews of the data to enable the team to identify whether targets are being met and take immediate corrective actions so as to reach epidemic control.
- Disseminate program results at county TWG meetings and other stakeholder forums,
- Provide technical updates on reporting and dissemination of national guidelines to implementing partners
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports on M&E activities
- Advice and promote best practices in monitoring and evaluation.
Qualifications for Monitoring & Evaluation Job
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge and skills through informal and formal methods. Good knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience with Ministry of Health Management Information Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage complex databases for health system data management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Records and Information Management, Computer Science, Social science, Applied Mathematics,
- Statistics or related courses desired with 3 – 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Proficiency in use of at least 2 of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, Stata, and MS Access.
Click here to apply