Monitoring &Evaluation Manager-Uganda Jobs at NFT Kenya
The position of M&E Manager will provide leadership and oversight of the program’s M&E strategies, approaches, systems and tools in collaboration with other program staff, sub-recipients, and M&E units in the Ministries of Health. S/he will ensure alignment of the program’s M&E approach with national health management information systems and tools, and will provide technical advisory services to strengthen national systems. The M&E Manager will be responsible for tracking achievement on indicators at the national level and advise on solutions for continuous improvement. S/he should have the ability to work sensitively and positively with program staff and promote a learning environment. The M&E Manager is expected to have a high level of self-initiative and use critical thinking skills to identify and fill gaps.
Monitoring &Evaluation Manager Job Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure collection of high-quality reliable and timely data to monitor program activities and evaluate progress towards achievement of program objectives.
- Lead development of the program’s M&E plans and procedures. Ensure plans are adhered to and in line with national M&E strategies, health information management systems, and tools.
- Develop and continually update a M&E operations manual to ensure all M&E-related documents and tools are organized, up-to-date, and accessible.
- Support the M&E team in strategically preparing and reviewing M&E calendars.
- Ensure that the program is in compliance with our client’s MEAL Policies and Procedures and strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate regular data quality audits (DQAs) to ensure the integrity of project data.
- Conduct regular field monitoring and supervisory visits with program teams, SRs and government partners.
- Organize and undertake M&E capacity building activities such as trainings, workshops and other visits for learning for our client SR, Ministry of Health M&E staff.
- Coordinate the implementation of program evaluations, assessments, surveys, special studies and operations research as required.
- Collaborate with the Program Director to communicate assessment/survey findings to key stakeholders. Communications should be tailored to the needs of various audiences.
- Work with ICT4D staff to incorporate and maximize the value and utility of technologies for M&E.
- Support programming staff to engage key populations in monitoring and evaluating program’s performance and to incorporate participatory methods into M&E systems.
- Orient program staff and partners on the basic principles and practices of beneficiary accountability.
- Lead the development and implementation of feedback and response channels to reflect the preferences of community members and beneficiaries.
- Ensure that beneficiary feedback is adequately documented, addressed, analyzed, and utilized by program teams.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Ensure that M&E and program teams regularly review and accordingly adjust M&E plans and tools in the light of changes and needs in the field context based on monitoring data and reflection sessions.
- Support learning-to-action events and reflection sessions to systematically analyze data for programmatic use, and to document and incorporate lessons learned into program design and implementation.
- Support program staff in key activities including development of a learning agenda, organizing regular learning events, supporting operations research, and reflecting, documentation, and communication of learning initiatives.
- Facilitate the M&E Community of Practice to ease communication and information flow among our client, SR and government M&E staff.
- Develop and oversee knowledge management systems and practices to gather, document and share best practices with SRs, government and technical partners.
- Facilitate the identification of lessons learned and best practices and collaborate with M&E and program staff to develop learning briefs, project bulletins and other materials for dissemination.
- Promote adoption of the best practices in knowledge management by other SRs and government partners.
Management and Administration
- Coordinate with Program Director and Finance staff to maintain, track, and adjust M&E budget throughout the life of the project.
- Support elaboration of Program Update/Disbursement Requests (PU/DR) in collaboration with other program staff.
- Ensure staff compliance with all our client’s and Global Fund administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations.
- Liaise with technical counterparts in the Ministry of Health, other Principal Recipients, and other local and international stakeholders engaged in activities in Uganda.
- Represent our client’s at relevant technical working groups, sectoral meetings and coordination forums.
Human Resource Management
- Lead, manage and supervise a team of our client’s staff to meet program objectives.
- Conduct periodic reviews of staff performance in keeping with our client’s performance management system and mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
Qualifications for the Monitoring &Evaluation Manager Job
- Master’s degree in a field related to Public Health, International Development, or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluating health programs and provision of technical assistance to government and non-government partners
- At least 5 years’ experience in senior management position; preference for experience in the management of M&E systems and staff for health programs in an African country
- Knowledge of national health management information systems, strategies and tools in Uganda
- Demonstrated experience with collection/analysis of epidemiological data
- Understanding of principles and current approaches to M&E for health programming, including knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience with participatory and community-based M&E systems
- Familiarity with beneficiary accountability mechanisms
- Proficiency in database development/management, and skills in analyzing, interpreting and communicating data and information to various stakeholders
- Experience using ICT4D for data collection
- Significant experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative assessments and surveys
- Previous experience with leading and managing studies and consultants
- Experience with facilitation, capacity strengthening and partnership building, with the capacity to empower staff through opportunities for growth & development
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
- Knowledge of Global Fund strategies and regulations desired
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Public relations skills and ability to work well both within a team and independently
- Strong representational skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners (including representatives of government agencies) in a professional manner on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize competing demands
- Strategic, analytical and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency in database development/management and statistical software (SPSS, EPI-Info)
- Professional proficiency in English oral and written communication skills; strong demonstrated writing skills required (reports, evaluations)
- Willingness and ability to travel in-country (sometimes on short notice) up to 50% and out of the country up to 10%
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications including detailed CVS to Recruitment Manager on email firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th November 2016.