Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator Jobs at Plan International
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Jobs
Reports to (position): Programme Unit Manager with dotted line to the Country M&E Manager
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child.
Dimensions of Role:
The M&E Coordinator reports to the Program Unit Manager with dotted line to the Country Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role need an academic background in Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation, experience in development of organization strategy, designing and developing gender responsive monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment systems in a development context and an understanding of rights based programming and accountability to beneficiaries and stakeholders.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Job Responsibilities
- The job holder is responsible for supporting the Programme Unit (PU) in program/project planning, sex, age disaggregated data collection, analysis and synthesis. Support the implementation of the Country MER framework
- The job holder is responsible for leading the development of a functional PU gender sensitive monitoring and evaluation research framework to guide the M&E of all programs
- Develop and document a gender sensitive M&E Framework and indicator tracking sheet for the PU programs, bringing together tools and outlining systems including the development of new tools as required.
- Ensure that routine project assessment and monitoring takes place on time (needs assessment, including distribution monitoring, post-distribution monitoring and satisfaction surveys with stakeholders.
- Liaise with project implementation teams to develop gender sensitive systematic and realistic assessment and monitoring plans/tools that capture quantitative and qualitative data-disaggregated by sex and age to report on project performance indicators and ensure rigorous, robust and innovative monitoring and evaluation, accountability and learning strategy including beneficiary feedback and complaint mechanism
- The holder will put in place an effective gender responsive system to monitor the implementation of the MER plan and will produce quarterly and annual reports on the status of the MER plan
- Support PU staff in whist taking gender into account developing relevant ‘theory of change’ for grant related projects and programs. He/s will also support the development of concepts and proposals at the PU level
Data management and knowledge management
- Develop and maintain an updated gender sensitive database of all completed interventions and periodically carry out meta-analysis of the information at the PU and will provide periodic reports to the PU Management team
- Ensure all the data is disaggregated by sex and age and all the studies are gender responsive
- Responsible for supporting from a gender perspective data collection, analysis and utilization across all programs at the PU level, based on the agreed tools developed and approved by the Country M&E Manager
- Facilitate gender sensitive documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing.
- Develop program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in program
- Lead the Program Team in developing at least two case studies that capture experiences of women, men, boys and girls annually for publication Identify and document interventions and initiatives that can be replicated or scaled up
Managing monitoring, evaluation & research processes
- Feed into the overall country strategic plan, providing sex age disaggregated data and analysis as required for strategic purposes and new program design, including proposal development. Design results frameworks ensuring that indicators are SMART and that required M&E equipment and staffing are budgeted for.
- Ensure all the outcomes realized in programs are tracked and reported in a gender sensitive manner.
- Oversee the effective communication and use of monitoring data and feedback/complaints to improve current programming, including development of agreed recommendations to ensure continual improvements to the quality and appropriateness of program activities
- Co-ordinate, supervise and review all surveys, baselines/endlines, assessments and evaluations, designing tools and sampling methodologies, training teams and planning fieldwork
- Be a key resource for providing technical backstopping to all monitoring, evaluation and research processes at the PU level
- Support and (where necessary, lead) the development of gender sensitive for all evaluation and research activities (including the Annual Program Review) at the PU level
- Play a leading role in the review of completed evaluations and researches with a “gender lens” and ensure that they meet the minimum standards of quality before sending them to the Country M&E Manager
Networking & partnerships
- Map out and develop a gender sensitive database of relevant M&E stakeholders (including CSO) at the County level and periodically update the list
- Actively engage in internal and external networks (wherever possible at the County level)
- Capacity development of staff and partners
- Coach, train, and mentor M&E staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the M&E team and providing professional development guidance in conjunction with the N&E Manager
- Support the PU staff in their day to day work as and when necessary and strengthen their capacity in basic M&E processes
- Support the capacity of our implementation partners whenever gaps are identified
- Provide capacity building, technical support and training to the M&E team as well as the Program Team on all areas of M&E.
- Promote and strengthen the understanding of the importance of gender responsive M&E within the country team and the use and /or analysis of M&E systems during program design and implementation.
Qualifications for the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator Job
- Minimum of a University Degree in Social Science, Economics, statistics, development studies or any other related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated successful leadership and management of M&E functions and experience, including active mentoring and coaching, preferably with teams in cross-cultural setting and multi-sectorial programs in education, health, economic resilience and youth empowerment programs among others
- Experience with and/or studies (ideally at graduate level) in monitoring and evaluation and impact evaluation methodologies.
- Solid understanding of basic principles of research and evaluation design
- Experience with at least descriptive analysis of sex age disaggregated quantitative data (experience with regression and other forms of quantitative or qualitative data analysis a plus)
- Experience with evaluations/research logistics, administration and/or project or research management
- Proven abilities in developing gender sensitive monitoring plans, data collection, information management, use of databases, and analysis and performance monitoring
- Good working knowledge of Excel for administrative purposes and for the management and analysis from a gender perspective of quantitative data (including creation of clear graphics and tables)
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports
- Experience with data management and data analysis in SPSS or STATA highly desirable
- Strong demonstrable levels of knowledge of and experience with gender sensitive research design, performance
- monitoring, impact evaluation, and / or social and environmental research methodologies
- Excellent levels of spoken and written English and comfortable presenting to all types of audiences
- Skills specific to the post
- Good IT skills, in particular MS Office, databases and virtual meeting tools (eg Skype, Webinar, blackboard etc.)
- Working knowledge of word processing spreadsheets, data entry and analysis packages and databases (Microsoft Packages, SPSS, STATA and Epi-Info)
- Sound experience in participatory research methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience in advising / coaching individuals, teams and / or organisations in M&E system design, research methodologies, research design
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (Kobo, ODK, CsPro) and GIS mapping an asset
- Experience in the application of MER systems and frameworks including theory of change
- Analytical, documentation, innovative and reporting skills
- Experience with gender sensitive qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and translation of results into action
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Training and facilitation skills
- Teamwork, partnership and networking both internally and externally
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and minimum supervision
- Competent, commitment and respect to timelines and standards
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Highly organised and able to work to deadlines and accurate and good eye for detail
- Confident and cooperative, even under pressure
- Well-organised, with strong process management skills and ability to establish priorities and work to deadlines
- Ability to handle complex and sensitive discussions and potential arising tensions with a win-win mentality
- Commitment to international development and children’s rights
- Commitment to development and humanitarian values and standards, and child protection
Competencies and Values
- Supportive and versatile
- Proactive and assertive
- Ability to drive innovation and learning
- Results oriented and focused
- Respectful and a person with integrity
- Effective communication skill
How to Apply
Visit http://plan-international-kenya.org/jobs/ to apply for the position before 16th November 2016