Monitoring &Evaluation Officer Job At Rafiki Wa Maendeleo Trust
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust is an organization operating in rural Rarieda Distric The organization began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth through community empowermen Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust has since developed into a dynamic organization, focused on empowerment and development, both within the community and the organization.
We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Monitoring &Evaluation Officer Job Purpose
Monitor progress and impact of the various projects and interventions implemented by the organization and provide feedback to implementers and stakeholders Strengthen the M&E function and facilitate learning from M&E throughout the organization and within the community.
Monitoring &Evaluation Officer Job Responsibilities
- R1 Implementation of M & E
- Provide overall guidance, mentorship and supervision to M & E staff, to ensure successful implementation of M
- & E plan and activities and to meet targets.
- Guide M & E staff to help them achieve timely implementation of project work plans according to quarterly and annual targets, activities and goals.
- Conduct regular project performance reviews for M & E staff.
- Provide quality and timely delivery of all projects reports, in their agreed format, as required by donors, the
- Executive Director and the Board.
- Put forward new program ideas and/or recommendations for improvement of existing programs to the management, based on learning from M&E.
- Provide timely advice to the Management team on issues likely to affect/impact project implementation.
- Interpret and implement government policies that affect M & E activities.
- Coordinate and Participate in integrating lessons learnt into on- going and new projects undertaking.
- Participate in developing program concept notes, proposals and development of log frames for donor funding.
- Advise the Management about key development forums and other networks that might serve RWMT achieve its overall objectives.
- Work with Project staff and stakeholders (where relevant) to revise existing and create new monitoring and evaluation tools, strategies and framework for RWMT as required.
- Work with staff to develop M & E plans and tools for the departments and other RWMT program staff, including management reports.
- Develop a quality and feedback system for RTRC (Rarieda Training and Resource Centre) and assist in ensuring the feedback from students / Stakeholders is tracked, collected and analyzed
- Data/Information Management
- Maintain and keep up to date and accurate summaries of field records, reports of activities and beneficiaries according to the organization’s M&E reporting requirements.
- Coordinate and participate in field data collection, analysis, monitoring and reporting on indicators as per the agreed Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
- Ensure the integrity of information collected and presented, and not compromised in any way whatsoever.
- Undertake quality control of information from the community as well as from departments and sub-departments.
- Ensure that all M&E databases are accurate and up to date.
- Supervise proper filling and documentation processes of the M & E documents.
- Maintain back-up secure electronic M & E files
- Coordinate and carry out specialized data processing tasks as needed.
- Internal Administration
- Maintain follow-up and feedback system to ensure efficient processes
- Actively maintain the internal referral system to ensure beneficiaries are provided with maximum support from the organization’s various expertise
- Other duties and responsibilities
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the program on their own.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the management from time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
Qualifications For Monitoring &Evaluation Officer Job
(The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self –education and prior experience or on – the –job –training.)
- At least a degree in any Social Science discipline that focuses on Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Understanding of current trends in M&E.
- At least 3 years-experience in a similar position
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Demonstrated experience gathering, analyzing and reporting both quantitative and qualitative data in multiple formats.
- Keen attention to details with strong analytical skills.
- Experience in data organization and managemen
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including statistical packages and database development;
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with and mentor the community, beneficiaries, senior government officials and staff.
- Strong communication, presentation and report writing, negotiation, and administration skills.
- Must have a valid Motorbike license and be able to ride the motorbike.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email:
- Cover Letter, stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration, if currently unemployed,
- Three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements
- Three references and
- An updated C.V to both: [email protected] and apply to [email protected] by 22nd July, 2016.