The goal of the USAID funded Human Resources for Health (HRH) Kenya Mechanism is to strengthen HRH systems at the national and county levels to improve health outcomes for the Kenyan people.
In order to strengthen its team, the Mechanism is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), the M&E Manager will work closely with the program team to ensure that M&E system put in place is functional and responsive to program needs.
S/he will assist the Monitoring & Evaluation unit in the planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Mechanism’s activities and outcomes.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Support the project in monitoring and evaluation, results reporting, data utilization for program decision-making and knowledge management
- Ensure the implementation of monitoring and evaluation system (corresponding to the HRH Kenya Performance Monitoring Plan) that effectively tracks project activities and results.
- Lead writing regular, timely progress reports of project activities and results for USAID and other stakeholders.
- Engage with program and technical staff in developing and implementing annual project work plans.
- Conduct rigorous assessments for the project and other Operations Research areas. Ensure compliance with human subject protection procedures.
- Identify short-term technical assistance needs, develop scopes of work for these assignments, and support the contracted consultants.
- Contribute to the dissemination and utilization of project results to inform project operations and share lessons learned with a global audience.
- support knowledge management processes including convening communities of practice and other organizational learning practices and, tracking best practices in M&E.
- Remain abreast of developments in the M&E field, particularly with respect to assessing progress in Human Resources for Health programs.
Education / Experience Requirements
- A master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, demographics, social sciences or other relevant technical discipline
- At least 7 years working experience in monitoring, designing and implementing programs in the development field preferably health and/or human resources management area.
- Should possess applied skills in designing and implementing assessment/research activities and formative or operations research.
- Familiarity and experience with USAID/PEPFAR reporting regulations and requirements.
- Proficiency in statistical databases (SPSS, EPI-info) and other software packages.
- Strong data analysis (quantitative and qualitative) and data management skills
- Proven experience in knowledge management (KM).
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees who must have been your supervisor in your current or former employment on http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers.
Closing date for applications is May 2, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.