Call for Applications – Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) is the U.S. government’s flagship project under the presidential Trade Africa initiative, launched in 2013 to boost trade and investment with and within Africa.
The Hub partners with East African and U.S. businesses to attract investment needed to transform the East African private sector into vibrant global trading partners.
Improving the region’s trade competitiveness, encouraging the diversification of exports beyond natural resources, and promoting broader, more-inclusive economic growth will lead to more food secure and resilient East African communities.The goal of the Hub is to deepen regional integration, increase the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promote two-way trade with the U.S. under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitate investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets.
Objectives and Duties
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager will lead the monitoring and evaluation for the Hub project, including data collection, analysis and reporting.S/He will lead the Hub M&E team in collecting primary baseline and impact data, work with the Hub technical team to develop appropriate indicators and reporting tools, and ensure that the project delivers against the established performance management plan (PMP) and annual work plan targets.
S/He will be responsible for the following specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Oversee the development of the Hub performance management plan (PMP) and M&E system.
- Manage and provide day-to-day oversight to the M&E team, including overseeing the implementation of the PMP, while conducting periodic data quality assessments.
- Work with technical teams on ways to capture baseline and impact data and properly reflect the contributions of the project.
- Work with technical teams to ensure timely, reliable and well documented reporting.
- Develop and deliver training to ensure project staff and grantees understand the M&E reporting requirements and know how to use the reporting tools and systems, including TAMIS.
- Support the verification of data quality and quality of reports submitted by grant recipients.
- Conduct impromptu field verifications when directed by the COP.
- Ensure the collection and proper physical filing of all reports, analyses, recommendations, assessments and M&E data.
- Collect and organize data-calls to the relevant programmatic teams to solicit information on progress of project activities.
- Assist project components to conform to the reporting framework/guidelines laid down by the M&E system.
- Develop and maintain databases of relevance for Hub.
- Identify and hire short term staff to carry out surveys and specialized studies.
- Master’s degree in statistics, economics, or related field.
- At least eight years of progressively responsible experience with USAID or donor-funded programs.
- Prior experience conducting M&E for international development projects required; five years of experience doing M&E for USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Experience leading baseline assessments, specialized studies, and impact evaluations for complex development programs is preferred.
- Experience supervising project teams.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The M&E Manager will supervise the M&E team, including the M&E Specialist and M&E Officer.Reporting: The M&E Manager will report to the Hub Chief of Party.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter via email to [email protected] by August 26, 2015, 11.59pm East Africa Local time.
Only candidates who send their information by the deadline will be eligible.
Please write “Application for M&E Manager” in the email subject line.
Visit http://www.eatradehub.org/opportunities to view the scope of work and learn more about The Trade hub.