At Living Goods we empower people to improve the health of their families, friends and communities. Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ health entrepreneurs who go door to door to teach families how to improve their health and wealth and sell life-changing products such as simple treatments for malaria and diarrhea, safe delivery kits, fortified foods, clean cook stoves, water filters, and solar lights. By combining the best practices from business and public health, we are dramatically lowering child mortality AND creating livelihoods for thousands of enterprising women. Living Goods supports a network of over 2,000 micro-entrepreneurs in Uganda and Kenya who teach families in their communities how to improve health and well-being while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights. As part of the Branch Team, you will play a key role in supporting Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products.
The M&E Manager will work with the Director, Health and Government Relations, to develop and implement M&E framework and quality management strategy. The ideal candidate is a data-driven, analytical, detail-oriented individual with experience managing M&E, conducting field assessments and household surveys. He or she is both hands-on and able to do project design, planning, project management, and analysis and is passionate about community health care.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the development of a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plan across the organization and ensure delivery against the plan in Kenya.
- Develop a comprehensive reporting framework targeted at different internal and external audiences and working in collaboration with the analyst develop regular reports to guide management decision-making.
- Spearhead the development of the capacity of staff to understand and reflect on data and the use of Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
- Build evidence of impact of Living Goods model through collaborating with research bodies to carry out successful targeted research and analysis towards LG influence and government integration goals.
- Design, manage and report on periodic evaluations both internally and with external consultants of Living Goods innovations and interventions and their contribution to deepening impact, increasing impact per dollar, and achieving Kenya governments strategies and plans
- Promote a culture of data demand and use within Living Goods
- Support documentation and dissemination of generated research, analysis and learning internally and externally.
- Support implementation of quality management systems and track quality metrics.
- Thoroughly analyze, ensure accuracy of reported data, and recommend ways to strengthen measurement of KPI data to ensure accuracy and quality service delivery
- Manage client phone and field surveys and analyze data to inform and improve field performance and customer satisfaction. Support field teams to help implement recommendations.
- Support the review and development of strategies, tools and processes for ongoing QC processes.
- Oversee continual assessment of quality of service and quality of data by managing ongoing QC calls to clients and field surveys, and analysis of collected data.
- Ensure feedback loops to branch teams and corrective actions implemented.
- Review and analyze data from branch staff visits to CHPs and work with Branch teams to identify issues.
- Organize and support annual recertification for all CHPs to ensure a constant knowledge base for all health workers.
- Identify quality improvement needs of the CHP and Branch Teams and propose training topics.
- Lead and strengthen quality control of our data to assure the integrity of data for analysis, tracking, validation, and accurate entry into DHIS database and for funders
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or advanced degree in Monitoring & Evaluation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with hands-on experience in setting up M&E systems
- Formal specific M&E training and/or specialized skills in statistics is an advantage;
- Experience working on M&E issues within the health sector is preferred
- Must have analytical experience with analytical tools like STATA or SPSS
- Must have experience in applied training and mentoring techniques
- Experience in survey design, data collection, data processing and analysis
- Strong presentation, communication skills and team player that inspires communication and confidence
- Ability to access sector skills from staff and advisors in government and to understand their information requirements
- Good computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet
- Dedicated to achieving goals and objectives through team based approaches.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods career website on livinggoods.applytojob.com to apply