Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Jobs at Integrity Global.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya with possible travel
Who we are: Integrity sets the international standard for ethically delivered, expert services in challenging, complex and fragile environments. We work to assist our clients in the international community and the global private sector to transform conflict and build stability, accountability and prosperity.
We aim to help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and giving a voice to local people. We deliver five key services: programme management and implementation, programme design, monitoring and evaluation / stakeholder engagement / capacity development / research and analysis.
Scope of work:
- Integrity is hiring a consultant for six months (with possible renewal) to develop and support the growing DME service line in the East Africa region. The DME manager will be based in Nairobi.
- The DME Manager will focus on high quality project delivery, client relations, proposal development, team management, quality assurance and methodological development. They will work flexibly across Integrity’s different services lines and departments.
- The DME Manager will report to the Senior Services Manager in Nairobi. This position will be based in Nairobi with possible travel within the region (Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania).
Technical M&E Adviser on an on-going DANIDA programme (25%)
- Support the Team Leader to review and/or articulate the programme’s Theory of Change (TOC, Results Framework)
- Support the Team Leader in conducting a mapping of existing monitoring frameworks, tools and results reporting requirements
- Support the Team Leader in providing technical assistance to DANIDA & Partners to align their Results Frameworks.
- Support the Team Leader on the Partner Engagement component of the project. That will include, in particular:
- Review and identify strengths and weaknesses in Results Frameworks (i.e. results reporting) and M&E practices/systems;
- Support the organisation and moderation of workshops with partners and the Danish Embassy throughout the course of the project
- Provide ad hoc technical input and support the Team Leader, as needed
Other Project implementation (25%)
- Deliver technical inputs on projects in the region, including research and M&E design, data analysis, and report writing.
- Contribute to the delivery of contracted work through project management, including financial management, data management, client management and coordination of delivery efforts
- Manage relationships with client representatives in the region
Project development (30%)
- Contribute to the development of proposals of varying sizes within the service line, and assist in the development of other services line’s proposals on an as-needed basis
- Provide technical inputs on DME methodologies for technical proposals
- Development of appropriate field budgets for project proposals and during project inception
- Development of appropriate schedules and planning logistics for project delivery
Consultant Management (10%)
- Manage engagement with key DME consultants, build good relations with them and engage them on projects
- Identify new consultants for the region with the appropriate technical, management and technical skills to deliver Integrity’s growing portfolio of work. Conduct interviews with shortlisted consultants to assess competencies, build their profile and establish areas of collaboration.
- Grow and nurture the bench of consultants by keeping their profiles up-to-date on our CRM system, and developing a comprehensive understanding of existing capacity in relation to upcoming opportunities
Business Development (10%)
- Expand Integrity’s client base through existing relationships and development of new client contacts
- Generate opportunities for further work through high quality delivery and constructive client dialogues
- Explore upcoming opportunities not yet tendered through effective prepositioning with potential primes and other relationships
Qualifications for the Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs:
- A Master’s degree in relevant discipline from a recognised institution
- 5+ years of experience designing, monitoring and evaluating development, governance and humanitarian programmes, preferably with experience working with DANIDA and DFID
- Prior management experience, including managing local field teams in remote areas as well as managing M&E in multi-year projects
- Established experience providing capacity development support to implementing partners on M&E systems
- Established experience managing data quality assurance checks throughout data collection process, data cleaning and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience designing and applying M&E systems and processes
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research method design and data analysis
- Experience managing and working with international teams in different locations
- Knowledge of international best practices in M&E design and implementation
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and an ability to work well both independently and in teams
- Demonstrated experience providing capacity development support on M&E systems and processes
- Demonstrated project management skills, such as team, financial, and client management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience designing and applying quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Demonstrated personal commitment, flexibility, and efficiency
- Expertise with quantitative data software, including SPSS and Stata
- Experience with qualitative data software, including Nvivo
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Language skills in Kiswahili, Arabic, and/or Somali desirable
Location: The candidate must be based in Kenya
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application. Closing date for applications: 20 October 2016