The incumbent will be responsible for data collection, analysis, and tracking project performance as well reporting for several projects. He/she will also ensure quality implementation throughout the project cycle. In addition, support counties in the actualization of their county strategic plans aligned to Vision 2030.
The Sexual and Reproductive Health, Economic Empowerment, Academic and Career Mentoring and Leadership and Governance (SEAL) Project begun in 2009. The current project seeks to improve the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) outcomes of 6,000 youth (4,500 in school and 1,500 out of school) aged 15-24 years through the holistic SEAL approach by addressing the social determinants of health in three counties (Nairobi, Machakos and Uasin Gishu) in Kenya.
Key Responsibilities for the Monitoring & Evaluation NGO Job
Planning and Design
- Design the monitoring and evaluation tools and forms for the project.
- Participate in project planning process including Project, Resource, Financial, Quality, Risk and Reporting plans
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation data collection activities, including logistics of form distribution and collection
- Monitor the Performance Management Plans (PMP) for the project and provide key information to management for planning/decision making
- Participate in the design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data
- Facilitate utilization of data for decision making and documentation of best practices/lessons learnt
Evaluation, and Reporting
- Participate in the development of the evaluation design, tools, protocols and procedures for the project
- Generate reports in compliance with the organizations and donor procedures and agreements in the award
- In accordance with donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical reports
- Review and provide feedback to reports by affiliates
- Identify opportunities for operations research during implementation
- Prepare the M&E reports for submission to the Project Managers and M&E Manager
- Ensure data quality through conducting quarterly DQA/RDQA and reporting
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization
Requirements for the Monitoring & Evaluation NGO Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Social sciences, Statistics or related courses is desired.
- M&E Training from a recognisd institution is mandatory.
- Professional training in Project Management will be an added advantage.At least 4 years relevant experience in specific M&E related work experience in the health sector (HIV/AIDS or SRH), economic empowerment, education and leadership and governance
- Ability to analyze and utilize program development gaps to designing project
- Experience in working with multiple donors preferably SIDA, EU, DFID, UNFPA
- Competence in qualitative and quantitative study design and implementation as demonstrated in the samples of previous work.
- Experience in developing and coordinating data collection, processing and analysis systems.
- Familiarity with principals and contemporary approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Demonstrated understanding of PEPFAR and SIDA donor guidelines for M&E
- Excellent command of computers and statistical software, especially experience with MS Access Excel, SPSS or STATA.
- Able to priorities work, multi task and meet deadlines
- Strong IT, analytical skills and attention to details.
- Excellent report writing skills.
How to Apply
Apply now at http://www.teamiq.com/ICL/2625
Closing date: Applications should be complete and submitted before the close of business on 24 February 2017.