AAH South Sudan
Background: AAH-I is a regional African-led non-governmental organisation based in Nairobi, Kenya, that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living.
With Country Programmes in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia, and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalised communities including pastoralists and urban slum dwellers.
AAH-I’s Vision is improved quality of life for livelihood-challenged communities in Africa. Our Mission is to support livelihood-challenged communities in Africa to sustainably improve their quality of life.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Reports to: Monitoring &Evaluation Manager
Duty Station: Juba (with frequent field travels)
Job Summary: Working closely with all Project M&E Officers and Project Managers/ Coordinators of AAH-S.Sudan, will ensure data is collected, compiled and entered correctly and in time into AAHI M&E software as well as appropriate reporting in accordance with AAHI, donor and government policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support project staff (especially M&E officers) to enter data into AAHI M&E software, analyze and use it for improvement of project implementation in their catchment area in collaboration with the project manager
- Ensure all projects monthly statistical data is cleaned, entered into the M&E software and reported upon (including relevant supporting documents) according to donors and institutional reporting timelines.
- Review and submit to the M&E Coordinator all quarterly reports as well as the annual reports.
- Assist Project managers/ Coordinators and M&E Officers to develop realistic M&E Plans that captures quantitative and qualitative data to report on all project indicators
- Participate in all M&E related trainings for AAHI
- Participate in regular Data Quality Assurance visits to all projects.
- Participate in and contribute to Country Coordination meetings
- Assist with documentation and reporting of success case studies, best practices and lessons learned for dissemination throughout to different stakeholders (both internal and external)
- A minimum of diploma in any relevant field i.e. Development Studies, etc
- Formal training in M&E from a reputable institution will be a key added advantage.
- Relevant experience of not less than 3 years in M&E preferably related to data management, use of software, capacity building and, systems strengthening among others.
- Relevant experience of working in resource limited settings.
- Relevant basic computer skills.
- Demonstrable competencies in setting up M&E systems will be an added advantage
- Competency in Data Quality Assurance.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, team player, able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced academic environment
- Good analytical and IT skills
- Females are highly recommended to express interest and encouraged to apply.
- This is a South Sudanese national position.
How to Apply
AAH-I is an equal opportunity employer.
Application letters, resumes; (indicating day telephone number and functional email addresses) and photo copies of academic and other documents should be addressed to the HR office or send to; [email protected]; copying [email protected] Not later than 18th August 2015.
Due to the urgency of this position, application will be reviewed as received and only those selected for interviews will be contacted.