Reporting to: The Deputy Executive Director / Head of Programs
Hope for Victoria Children (HOVIC) is a local based organization in Kisumu with a mandate covering Western region.
HOVIC won a two year grant from the DREAMS Innovation Challenge to implement a two year project titled “Wasichana Twaweza” project (WTP).
The overall objective of the project is to solve lack of opportunities for young women to access gainful employment either formal or informal.
The project will benefit 1000 young women aged 19-24 years in three counties in Kenya namely; Kisumu, Siaya and Homabay.
We seek to fill the advertised position with an individual who is analytical, has good organizational and development skills, and is capable of working independently or as part of a team.
The successful candidate should be a self-motivated professional with good leadership skills.
S/he will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Participating in developing systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators.
- Assisting in coordinating the implementation of baseline surveys, follow‐up on monitoring and evaluation exercises for various initiatives in the project sites.
- Participating in building capacity of staff on the logical framework, data management, data analysis and result‐oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles and report writing techniques that meet requirements for relevant donors/partners to ensure compliance.
- Participating in developing program and operational reporting templates.
- Participating in compilation and dissemination of quarterly, half year and annual program reports and project reviews.
- Proposing strategies to the projects team for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Facilitating documentation and reporting of training assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing.
Qualification and Experience
- A BSc in Statistics or Training in Health Information Systems
- Possess a post-graduate training in M&E
- Previous M&E experience in a donor funded program desired.
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators; designing and conducting small-scale operations research studies; and
- Good working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics required.
- Clear and excellent understanding of the different donor policy requirements having worked in several donor funded programs
- Professional experience in monitoring and evaluation (program monitoring and evaluation; qualitative and quantitative research methods; M & E planning; carrying out surveys and impact evaluations)
- Strong competency in the design and implementation of various programs
- Strong competency in conceptualizing and designing M & E policies and strategic frameworks for programs
- Wide experience in community interventions
- Strong skills in project cycle management and planning; developing monitoring and evaluation systems (highly skilled in the formulation, design, development, coordination and implementation of participatory monitoring and evaluation framework and research)
- Excellent knowledge in advanced statistics and research methodologies in using computer software such as SPSS, STATA, advance excel among others will be added advantage
- Communication and information dissemination (writing, editing and appropriate dissemination of reports)
- Strong skills in training the program staff in results-oriented monitoring and evaluation
How to Apply
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and any other, but not relatives) should be submitted to: [email protected] by Friday 21st July, 2017 COB.
Kindly indicate current/last salary and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please clearly indicate title in the subject line as “Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”