Reports to: Africa Programmes Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: 350,000 -500,000K
Our client supports businesses that provide energy access to off-grid communities across Africa. They seek to fill the position of a Monitoring & Evaluation and Data Analyst Manager who will be responsible for enhancing quality M&E , ensuring proper use of M&E frameworks and tools to maintain quality program delivery across the organization’s clientele.
Monitoring & Evaluation /Data Analyst Manager Job Responsibilities
Global M&E work
- Lead on designing, developing and implementing an excel based M&E systems, including development of M&E plans, frameworks, processes and data collection tools (including baseline) for all the programmes and projects in the organization
- Design M&E plans and systems, identify key performance parameters for new programmes and projects and ensure the effective use by staff, partners and stakeholders as necessary
- Work with programmes at inception phase to define M&E plans for each project, log frames, and targets, implement the donor’s requirements, create long term plans, etc
- Supervise the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of project outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on project impact and promote and ensure use of data for decision-making processes
- Build capacity of staff in project monitoring and data collection against set indicators, and use of such information in development of project reports
- Develop appropriate research tools for conducting both qualitative and quantitative surveys and training staff and external enumerators in the use of the tools
- Support Program Managers in the formulation of baseline measures and targets, during writing and set up of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Lead and coordinate assessment and evaluations of programmes
- Review or edit project data in reports as requested and required; Produce analytical summaries: graphs, charts, tables, narratives as requested, to fulfill internal and external reporting requirements
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments in M&E and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
Data analysis and database management work
- Design and maintain an excel based database system that improves the company’s ability to inform program implementation, analyze data, identify trends and present impact to key stakeholders
- Ensure all relevant programme staff is able to utilize the database to analyze program information and results. Develop the necessary told for the field team to feed in data in the data base in a way that minimize entry errors
- Review data being collected in order to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity
- Manage project database to facilitate timely information updates, data quality assurance, sharing of information and learning, and data use for decision-making
- Prepare data reports (tables, charts, narratives, visuals) at regular intervals and ad hoc as needed to respond to requests for information, inputs to project work plans and semi-annual reports, and other internal and external data analysis and reporting requirements
- To take the lead in conducting continuous data analysis of enterprise/business performance from programme data
- Provide analytical expertise with regards to identifying and confirming patterns and trends in data
- Provide technical assistance to country programs for implementing M&E activities
- To be the person that ultimately checks and signs off on data and analysis.
Qualifications for the Monitoring & Evaluation /Data Analyst Manager Job
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Economics, Business Management or other analytics field.
- 3-5 years experience in complex data analysis within programmes in M&E context, leading and coordinating M&E systems to produce analysis
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks for international development programs, Understanding of statistical software and data management required.
- Certified advanced excel skills is required with the ability to create excel based tools using complex formulas, pivot tables, create graphs etc.
- Ability to see patterns in data and understand the cause and effect.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate well on a team while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high competence.
- High level of integrity and strong analytical skills, presentation and statistics
- Ability to communicate respectfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Monitoring & Evaluation and Data Analyst Manager) to [email protected] before Friday 16th December 2016. Kindly indicate Current/last salary on your CV.