Title: Research Associate – Kenya Testing
Job Number: 013M1
Main Purpose :
Trial seed preparation, field preparation, trial planting, field plot management, data collection and trial harvesting.
Key Responsibilities :
- Plant and harvest maize yield trials in Kenya and be responsible for the timely and accurate collection of the relevant data from these trials.
- Utilization of research equipment such as tractors, planters, sprayers, shellers and hand held computers.
- Manage different operations such as seeding, management of trial plots, data collection, harvest, etc.
- Assist in computer related activities and manage testing activities such as operation of shellers, seed treating and packet arrangement.
- Assist in other projects and perform other duties as and when required.
- Actively participate in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies.
- Actively involved in selection of trial locations.
- Communicates with farmers regarding coordination of trials.
- Supervision and training of temporary employees.
- Be actively involved with the implementation of Monsanto’s ESH policies to ensure a safe work environment.
- Extensive road travel and time away from home during planting and harvesting period required.
Qualifications: Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Plant breeding, Agronomy or related discipline with significant experience or a Masters degree..
- Knowledge of crop production, farm practices, farm equipment operation and repair.
- Knowledge of field research trial set-up.
- Computer skills in MS Office applications and the ability to learn new programs.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively balance and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Team player spirit.
- Strong results orientation, meticulous attention to detail and good organizational ability.
- Passion for fieldwork.
- Valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel extensively to the maize growing areas of Kenya and spend time away from home during peak seasons.
Job: Research & Development
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here