We have an exciting career opportunity for a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator. The position is based in the Nairobi office. The M&E Coordinator works in close collaboration with the m2m program team, particularly Partner Associate(s) and Regional Manager(s) in a region, and KMMP IPs to achieve optimal program results. The position reports to the M&E Specialist.
Key Performance Areas
- Work in collaboration with M&E Specialist and Program team to implement the m2m monitoring & evaluation plan in Kenya.
- Supervise monitoring and reporting systems at regional m2m KMMP sites including on-site supportive supervision to Mentor Mothers and Mentor Mother Team leaders on appropriate use of M&E tools for accurate data collection at site level
- Develop, implement and establish systems for routine site monitoring and reporting, including the development of forms/tools for data collection and reporting in consultation with the M&E Specialist
- Facilitate M&E pre and in-service training for m2m and IP Mentor Mothers and Mentor Mother Team leaders
- Provide M&E related orientation, technical assistance, training, facilitation and ongoing mentorship for m2m staff, IP focal staff and MoH staff through avenues such as monthly meetings, site visits and workshops.
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate collection of data from site and regional level, data entry and reporting of data to the m2m Country Office, national-level reporting systems, and routine reporting to m2m Head Office as required
- Lead on provision of accurate data for incorporation into M&E sections of internal and external reports for program staff, donors and other key stakeholders
- Facilitate periodic data reviews for program assessment and use in decision-making and providing strategic information to inform program improvements at site, regional and national level.
- Conduct periodic site data quality checks, identify and implement requisite interventions to ensure data quality and efficient data collection from site level at m2m KMMP sites and IP KMMP site on request
- Develop and maintain regional level databases for tracking of all M&E stock and periodically generate update reports
- Participate in the implementation and evaluation of pilot projects, operations research, and program evaluations where appropriate
- Support documentation of lessons learned, reporting, and presentation at appropriate regional and international forums
- Assist with program reporting and additional management M&E activities at the request of the M&E Specialist
- Communicate and work closely with the program team
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or equivalent qualification (in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health etc.); masters degree an advantage
- 2-3 years of experience in research/program monitoring and evaluation role
- Three to five years specific M&E related work experience in the health sector, experience with HIV/AIDS PMTCT, or MCH preferred programmes preferred
- Experience in the implementation and management of M&E systems, involving capacity building for field staff, as well as monitoring and promotion of data quality
- Experience training others on M & E systems (data collection, interpretation, analysis) and strong group facilitation skills
- Ability to mentor programme staff in M&E, data use for decision-making and quality improvement
- Computer skills and experience using MS Excel, Outlook and Access
- Knowledge of SPSS, STATA, SAS an advantage
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here