Will be responsible for ensuring that thorough inspection and valuation of vehicles is carried out accurately for the purpose of underwriting
The role of a Motor Vehicle Valuation officer is office/field based.It involves:
- Inspection of motor vehicle and determination of their estimated market value.
- Diagnose and advise on problems relating to mechanical, electrical and body repairs.
- Determine vehicle road worthiness and suitability for insurance
- Road test vehicle accordingly
- Prepare and issue valuation reports within agreed SLAS.
- Advise on Insurance Automobiles
- Update daily register of all vehicles valued.
- Regular advice on changes within the automobile industries
- Review of valuation report done by external valuers
- Assist in dispute resolution on valuations.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the manager
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Insurance sector players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering from a reputable learning institution.
- At least three years’ experience preferably in a reputable valuation firm
- Learning and Researching : Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; uses technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organisation; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
Friday, August 4, 2017
Diploma in Automotive Engineering from a reputable learning institution. At least three years’ experience preferably in a reputable valuation firm