Medecins sans Frontieres (MSF-France, Doctors without Borders) is an international humanitarian organization with different health projects in Kenya.
MSF – French section is currently running projects in Nairobi and Homa Bay counties in HIV, Tuberculosis, Sexual Violence and Emergency Care.
The Homa Bay project has many facets and works in close collaboration and jointly with Ministry of Health
The organization seeks to recruit for Kenya programs:
Position: Deputy Medical Coordinator – Homa Bay County
Purpose of the position: The Deputy Medical Coordinator provides support and works under the guidance of the Project Coordinator and Medical coordinator to achieve the medical objectives of the programme and offer technical and operational support to the medical teams.
Activities and responsibilities
In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, the deputy is responsible for the following aspects:
- Participates in elaboration and revision of medical operational planning.
- Offers technical support to medical teams.
- Ensures quality of the care in the various health programmes covered.
- Supports Monitoring and Evaluation of the medical activities.
- Collaborates with M0H and other partners in the county as is necessary.
- Degree in medicine with a valid practicing license and registered by the KMPDB
- Public Health and HIV/TB training are an added value.
- Experience in HIV/TB activities.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in coordination and management of large program.
- Working experience in MSF or another NGO is an added value.
- Management skills and strategic vision
- Good communication skills with ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Ability to liaise, collaborate and negotiate with Ministry of Health teams and other partners.
- An interest n teaching and training of locals and expatriate staff.
- Computer skills required
How to Apply
Applicants should send a CV together with a motivation letter, copy of their certificates and list of recommendations to
MSF France Homabay Project,
P.O.Box 881 Homabay,
if hand delivered indicating the position applied for as Deputy Medical Coordinator on the envelope
and/or email [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for application is by 4pm 25th July 2016.