Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland, Dadaab Programme
Deputy Project Coordinator
Based in Dagahaley Refugee CampProject Summary: The objective of our project is to provide primary and secondary level of health care to the Refugees in Dagahaley refugee camp.
MSF provides a full package of medical care through 4 primary health care units and 1 hospital (100 beds) with 24 hour emergency and OT.Health services include curative, preventative, nutritional activities and emergency preparedness and intervention with partners.
Contract duration: 1 year fixed term contract with possibility of extension based on performance.
- Is responsible for monitoring the political and humanitarian situation in the project’s region
- Develops contacts with national partners on a local level (civil society, civil and military authorities, local NGOs, Ministry of Health representatives, etc.) in order to obtain all the information and agreements necessary for the integration of MSF’s programmes in the local context.
- Proposes exploratory missions and organises them following the supervisor’s approval.
- Sets up data collection and epidemiological surveillance system (in agreement with the medical coordinator) and checks the team’s reactivity in the event of newly identified needs.
- Draws up the project’s priorities and objectives, the action plan, the chronogram and the partnerships and submits them to the capital team.
- Steers the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes in collaboration with the team, by collecting information and comparing it with the objectives fixed.
- Check that constraints linked to security and health are understood by everyone
- Oversees HR and finance management of the project
- He/she is the person responsible for the Project’s security.
- Checks adherence to security rules particular to the Project, and ensures that they are known and applied.
- Holder of a degree in either medical or paramedical field
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience working in a busy medical setup
- MSF experience an added advantage
- Ability to work independently, critical thinkers with excellent reporting skills
- Due to the nature of the work, person with the right to work in Kenya and with ability to speak Somali will be highly advantaged.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter outlining HOW you fulfill each of the requirements in bullet point on or before 31st August, 2015, to http://www.uhired.me/msf-switzerland/advertise/job/20Due to the high volumes of applications received, we regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.