The objective of the activities is to increase access to quality maternal & neonatal health care services to contribute in improving maternal and newborn outcomes.
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
- According to the medical prescription, perform laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology, parasitology, according to context), with the appropriate techniques, and according to standard protocols approved by DoH
- Provide information to the relevant persons (ward/doctors/nurse according to context) about the results, respecting confidentiality
- Always ensure that sample results are correctly reported and clerical errors are avoided
- Ensure a good reporting and registration of the analysis done and their results in order to keep a written track of activity and to be able to write regular report
- Make sure quality controls are done regularly: internal and external
- Carry out sample collection when needed
- Perform, with utmost care, serological and compatibility tests for blood transfusion
- Know and apply hygiene protocols (for individual and collective protection). Carry out cleaning and tidying up of the laboratory. Ensure briefing of cleaning persons on biohazards
- Ensure proper sample disposal according to highest international infection prevention standards
- Manage and organise efficiently the laboratory equipment and supply: orders, stock follow-up, storage conditions, inventory, follow-up of expired reagents and kits and their proper disposal
- He/she is responsible of equipment maintenance including automatic instrument calibration
Education: Essential clinical officer diploma/ Medicine Diploma with valid registration.
- Stress management